I'm thinking about getting some LED's for my bass but I've heard alot of horror stories from home attempts but alot of success from other places . There is a website I've heard of and got in touch with called AuroraProject.co.uk You send them your bass/guitar and for a price they will fit LED's.. They're prices are in the region of £225-£500 (sorry i dont know in USD) so I'm wondering if it's worth getting them..? afterall, my acrylic bass would stand out even more with some shiny lights.
Two things.

2. Can you assure me that you're not an adbot?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90

2. Can you assure me that you're not an adbot?

Well he didn't put a hotlink in his post... so I think it's safe to assume he's not.
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
Also "LEDs" not "LED's"

Can you seriously not think of a better way to spend that kind of money? Up to £500? You could get a decent bass for that.
Quote by infectednations
I'm thinking about getting some LED's for my bass but I've heard alot of horror stories from home attempts but alot of success from other places . There is a website I've heard of and got in touch with called AuroraProject.co.uk You send them your bass/guitar and for a price they will fit LED's.. They're prices are in the region of £225-£500 (sorry i dont know in USD) so I'm wondering if it's worth getting them..? afterall, my acrylic bass would stand out even more with some shiny lights.

dude, really? 500£? you ship me that bass to portugal and pay me 200£ and i'll do it for you xD
Quote by gilly_90
Two things.

Is that a four legged troll?

and to the TS, just no. too much money, and useless or unimpressive unless its a fairly dark venue
Quote by askrere
Is that a four legged troll?

It's an alot.

On the subject of LEDs, just get FretFX or something similar.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I've seen necks with already fitted LEDs being sold for less than that. You could just switch the neck.
Quote by FatalGear41
Bassists don't hover on the forum day and night like guitarists. We've got lives to lead, music to play and whiskey to drink.

Quote by Ziphoblat
I'd rather go at my hands with a hacksaw than play lead guitar, and I'm only slightly exaggerating.
Quote by gilly_90
Two things.

hahaha, I completely forgot about that
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Being a purely aesthetic change, I'd spend that money on something else, like a new bass or effects.
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by Astralcat19
For that kind of money its definitely not worth it. Unless youre very wealthy.

Won't be wealthy long making great economical decisions like that
I don't plan on spending MY money, i plan on spending my dads. Because I'm just a cool bean.. And I've got myself a Digitech BP80 at the moment so i'm sorted for effects and some 300w Laney, not sure what model, but it drowns out both the guitarists in my band so i dont think i'll be switching for a while. And finally, oh shit.. wait was i just thinking of.. erm.. OH YEAH! I don't wanna buy any new basses yet anyway, i've got a peavey millenium a H&S and some brand you guys never even heard of and i barely use 2 of them.
Oh yeah, thanks for the help you guys
Quote by infectednations
I don't plan on spending MY money, i plan on spending my dads.

Don't be ungrateful, he provides for you. Don't waste his money.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
Don't be ungrateful, he provides for you. Don't waste his money.

This, if your dad's supporting you I doubt you'll be 18 or over and at that's age, how many gigs involve low lighting?

Plus.......a millenium! You're planning on getting leds more expensive than your bass? Don't waste money, buy some Christmas lights and a portable power source and hang them around your neck. I bet your dad will like that solution better too
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
This, if your dad's supporting you I doubt you'll be 18 or over and at that's age, how many gigs involve low lighting?

Pretty damn true, most young bands here play in schools in the open rather than in bars, pubs or w/e.

Quote by JKHC
buy some Christmas lights and a portable power source and hang them around your neck. I bet your dad will like that solution better too

...But that solution sounds pretty uncomfortable, was that meant to be sarcasm?
You know what's cheaper and cooler than playing a bass fitted with LEDs?

Playing bass while wearing an old yellow raincoat + hat and holding an old-timey brass oil lantern, like a lighthouse keeper.
Quote by institutions
You know what's cheaper and cooler than playing a bass fitted with LEDs?

Playing a bass that is on fire.
^ +1
Quote by thunderbritches
I would still call him a regular musician...just a very irregular person lol

Warwick Pro Series Corvette
Hartke HA 3500
Genz Benz LS410
Unless you are playing in near pitchblack stages, or you are legally blind, you should have no problem seeing your fretmarkers nearly 98% of the time.
Quote by infectednations
I don't plan on spending MY money, i plan on spending my dads. Because I'm just a cool bean.. And I've got myself a Digitech BP80 at the moment so i'm sorted for effects and some 300w Laney, not sure what model, but it drowns out both the guitarists in my band so i dont think i'll be switching for a while. And finally, oh shit.. wait was i just thinking of.. erm.. OH YEAH! I don't wanna buy any new basses yet anyway, i've got a peavey millenium a H&S and some brand you guys never even heard of and i barely use 2 of them.

Why did I think this when I read that?

Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Quote by infectednations

Kid sounds like a brat. If you don't care about wasting other peoples money, why waste our time with the question?
Quote by Astralcat19
A resourceful bassist is a happy bassist

I'm more of a guitarist but w/e. And yes the cristmas lights thing was sarcastic.
On a serious note, get a ton of portable strobe lights. That'll wow the audience. Maybe a couple of fog machines here and there. Andbit wouldnt hurt to have some Christmas lights on your amps. Maybe set the singer on fire for a memorable night?

All those are cheaper than getting leds.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
TS: Zomg, I've actually made my mind up, so I'll ask if LEDs are cool. I'll get loads of e-props! HEY YOU GUIZ...! *writes post*

Sexy, intelligent bass forum: LEDs aren't really all that.

TS: *Spoilt bratrage*

This.

I still think, why spend all that money on something aesthetic when you can spend it in something that will actually affect your sound? That Digitech BP80 isn't even near high-end stuff, why not invest in better effects for instance?
Quote by infectednations

what thats more expenzie then your bass i wish my parents would buy sh*it like that be great ful
Last edited by andreww1996 at Oct 17, 2011,
Quote by JKHC
I'm more of a guitarist but w/e. And yes the cristmas lights thing was sarcastic.
On a serious note, get a ton of portable strobe lights. That'll wow the audience. Maybe a couple of fog machines here and there. Andbit wouldnt hurt to have some Christmas lights on your amps. Maybe set the singer on fire for a memorable night?

All those are cheaper than getting leds.

i have done it to my trombone it actually perty cool
Last edited by andreww1996 at Oct 17, 2011,
Lol, I'm sure TS regrets posting this now.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?