Hey everyone, I searched around but could find nothing on this so if anyone could please assist me it would be extremely appreciated!

I bought a Boss ME-70 effects unit and love it except for the fact that if I hit pedals 3 and 4 at the same time it dumps me into memory mode which is something I'm not even going to use on it - is there ANY way to either change how to get into memory mode or disable the 3+4 push from dropping me in there? When I play, the last thing I want to have happen is to push them both mess me all up.

One other option - is there a way to make the first memory bank the exact same as the default no preamp setup? That way if I were to hit memory mode it would be as if nothing changed?

-This post brought to you by Dr. Marten

Thanks!!!
I don't have an ME-70, but instead an ME-25, and there I have a write and exit button. If I hit a preset and press the write button, it allows me to save the preset. Is this also the case with the ME-70?
I'm not sure about the 25 - I really don't want to save any presets on this or do the memory mode at all as I just wanted it for the four effects pedals, tuner, and volume pedal.
I think a good solution would be not to hit pedals 3 and 4 together, thus eliminating the issue entirely.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
I think a good solution would be not to hit pedals 3 and 4 together, thus eliminating the issue entirely.

Reported - dumb reply.

The pedals are pretty close together, it is rather easy to hit more than one at once when you have a size 12 shoe on.
I wear size 11s and I have no trouble.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Sounds kinda lame but put some sorta small rectangular plastic container over 3 or 4. It doesn't take long to find something that'll work to cover a pedal but you probly wouldn't wanna play out like that. Then again, you probly don't wanna play out with an me70 anyways.
Lucky, I think you gave me a good idea - I might just put a divider between the two. Opening it up is probably last option I would want to do.
Actually ethan's idea is pretty good. You wouldn't even have to open it, aren't the screws for the pedal "mount" right there on top? You could leave the mount but remove the pedal part and it'd still be fully functional. You'd just have to use a finger instead of a boot to turn the pedal on/off and cover it to keep dust out.