Hey guys ok so I'm writing a little website for my (artist web page you know) and I have few questions.

So for now: What's the best way to put 'news' on your website? make tables and then put it in there? Use some widgets? I'd like it to be linked to my facebook page so may be, I could put the Facebook news in there somehow?

ideas are welcome please
There isn't a right or wrong way.

Best practise is to get used to div's and CSS. Get tutorial reading.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka
Quote by JonnyH
There isn't a right or wrong way.

Best practise is to get used to div's and CSS. Get tutorial reading.

well yeah I know but I was rather thinking would it be write to just put it in a little div or use some widgets or idk... may be templates and all that
you need to learn far more understanding than this.

if you want news, your best bet is to use a pre-written content management system (CMS)

if its just a static website that you will very infrequently edit, you can just write it in html.

if you are using the CMS, and you want to write this on your own, you need to learn SQL tables, php(or perl), html, and how the three interact, and to make your site more dynamic, javascript or flash (i highly recommend not using flash)
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
you need to learn far more understanding than this.

if you want news, your best bet is to use a pre-written content management system (CMS)

if its just a static website that you will very infrequently edit, you can just write it in html.

if you are using the CMS, and you want to write this on your own, you need to learn SQL tables, php(or perl), html, and how the three interact, and to make your site more dynamic, javascript or flash (i highly recommend not using flash)

alright I think what you said is just not for me, what I'm really after is jsut static thing that might have an update every once in awhile. well I jsut made it in a table form now
<gay>OH BEHAVE</gay>
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Vendetta V
alright I think what you said is just not for me, what I'm really after is jsut static thing that might have an update every once in awhile. well I jsut made it in a table form now

link me to your site. i want to see what you have.

im dev'ing a site right now, ive been working on it for almost 6 months now. And in need of a ****ing javascript programmer

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
link me to your site. i want to see what you have.

im dev'ing a site right now, ive been working on it for almost 6 months now. And in need of a ****ing javascript programmer

well right now it's on a dropbox, but you might visit vendettav.tk few pages aren't working yet but somes do
as simple as it could be
Quote by Vendetta V
well right now it's on a dropbox, but you might visit vendettav.tk few pages aren't working yet but somes do
as simple as it could be

while its a good start, you need to make it more consistent in style and easier on the eyes if you want to get returning visitors.

Making a good looking website isnt an easy task.

how are you hosting this? are you buying server space?

id recommend you take a look at joomla, its a CMS that just needs to be installed and its good to go, http://www.joomla.org/
e/ oh and its free

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Oct 15, 2011,
Quote by JimmyBanks6
while its a good start, you need to make it more consistent in style and easier on the eyes if you want to get returning visitors.

Making a good looking website isnt an easy task.

how are you hosting this? are you buying server space?

id recommend you take a look at joomla, its a CMS that just needs to be installed and its good to go, http://www.joomla.org/
e/ oh and its free

well thank you yeah I did the design inspired by my bandcamp design and I want to keep it simple a bit and have that feeling of may be underground?

I wonder about joomla really, cause I need a nice hosting solution right now. And I need it free.

hmm are you sure it's for free? cause it says 30 days free trial
Quote by Vendetta V
well thank you yeah I did the design inspired by my bandcamp design and I want to keep it simple a bit and have that feeling of may be underground?

I wonder about joomla really, cause I need a nice hosting solution right now. And I need it free.

hmm are you sure it's for free? cause it says 30 days free trial

Oh, joomla is a content management system, not a hosting server.
And, im almost certain its free, otherwise theres Drupal

For a host, nothing will be free unfortunately, but when you do look for one, make sure it has CPanel 11 as its user interface.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
Oh, joomla is a content management system, not a hosting server.
And, im almost certain its free, otherwise theres Drupal

For a host, nothing will be free unfortunately, but when you do look for one, make sure it has CPanel 11 as its user interface.

oh.. then I dont know what it is??

as for now, the thing is I need a free hosting even if it's got a low monthly bandwidth and all that, I dont mind really cause doubt it's gonne be a top visited website

so yeah any free hosting?
Quote by Vendetta V
oh.. then I dont know what it is??

as for now, the thing is I need a free hosting even if it's got a low monthly bandwidth and all that, I dont mind really cause doubt it's gonne be a top visited website

so yeah any free hosting?

it looks like you want audio streaming on your site?

going to be impossible to have free hosting in that case

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
it looks like you want audio streaming on your site?

going to be impossible to have free hosting in that case

yeah I saw that coming really but the thing is that I'm using my Bandcamp (which shares teh same design) for my music streaming so the bandwidth won't really be affected by the music nor the video since it'll be off youtube

I think that's a nice solution really but still I need a hosting service name that'll do it for free