is it possible to have two different brands of pickups in one guitar? i would like to put a dimarzio x2n and a seymour duncan invader into my jackson V but every time i hear pickup recommendations its aways for the same brand i also don't know very much about the wiring and installation.

thanks in advance for any and all help
I have 2 Seymour Duncans and a Lindy Fralin in my strat, and it sounds great. You just want to make sure the pickups are going to balance to each other and complement each others sounds.

Much of this can be done with set-up (pick-up height), but if you have a metal pup and a jazz pup...you get the idea.
Quote by Cyngus
is it possible to have two different brands of pickups in one guitar? i would like to put a dimarzio x2n and a seymour duncan invader into my jackson V but every time i hear pickup recommendations its aways for the same brand i also don't know very much about the wiring and installation.

thanks in advance for any and all help

The only time as far as I know that you can't mix brands, is if you mix an active an a passive, as actives require different pots/jack. Whilst it can be done, its apparently quite difficult.

Those should be fine, although invaders and x2n's aren't really known for being great neck pickups...
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
mostly people recommend the same brand because the pups come in a set, they are made to accomplish certain tonal qualities together, and complement eachother

but answering your question, you can just do it i think
thanks and my plan was to put the invader in the neck, my friend has a very similar guitar to mine with an invader in the neck and i quite like the sound