Hey guys, knocked together this pedal board yesterday and am planning on giving it a finish and adding velcro tomorrow. My question is this; what type of finish should I use? If I paint it what colour do you think would look sweeeet?

Also - is velcro the universally accepted best way to attach pedals? Any other ways?

::::::Cherry Epiphone Les Paul Standard Custom Shop With Bigsby:::::
::::::Vox AC15VR::::::
If I paint it what colour do you think would look sweeeet?

What? should i chew your food for you too your majesty?

I would put the scratchy part of the velcro on the board, so if i don't use my pedals on that board it can have a nice soft underside and not scratch other surfaces.

Seriously though, you should decide on your own colours, how are we supposed to know which colours you like.
I always thought this would be a sweet thing to try. Perhaps this is inspiring.

http://www.effectsbay.com/2009/11/the-%E2%80%9Cbike-chain%E2%80%9D-method-for-pedalboard-mounting/
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
Quote by stykerwolf
If I paint it what colour do you think would look sweeeet?

Seriously though, you should decide on your own colours, how are we supposed to know which colours you like.

Just putting it out there dude.
::::::Cherry Epiphone Les Paul Standard Custom Shop With Bigsby:::::
::::::Vox AC15VR::::::
Dip it in a swirl bucket
Look at zip ties, I think there a better option then velcro because then you don't get the velcro stuck on the pedal.
A lot of people like to use 3M Dual Lock to keep pedals on there, which apparently does the job almost a little too well. So I guess it depends on how sturdy you want to go. Honestly I'd probably just go with Industrial Strength velcro if it's cheaper than Dual Lock.
Ben
depending on the type of board you have, some people tie them on with cable ties as well (pedal train boards? I think they're the ones you can do that with).

EDIT: ah just saw the pic of your board I guess you could tie yours on, from top to bottom, but it might look a bit weird and be a bit of a faff.

Just to point out, as no-one has mentioned it, the problem with velcro is that it often leaves a bit of residue on the bottom of the pedal (or sometimes you even can't get it off), so if you ever go to sell the pedal, you can't really describe it as "mint" and will probably not get as much money as one which doesn't have the velcro attached.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 14, 2011,