Im trying to find a combination of effects or amp setting that will make my guitar sound as close to a nes or Atari sound ( http://youtu.be/qjI8U7fM5iM ) Im a complete noob so im sorry if ask you to explain something in detail.

***SOLVED***
If any one else is looking how to do this,Use a fuzz pedal along with a bitcrusher pedal for the perfect sound!
Last edited by daxter34 at Oct 16, 2011,
Quote by Pac_man0123
It's a fuzz pedal. That's probably the only thing that will get you close to an 8-bit sound.

I found this when i googled 8 bit guitar.

The pickup is set to neck position which in this case is a stock Ibanez single coil and plugged straight into a Peavey envoy that has a 10 inch speaker. Amp distortion is the only effect

But i dont really know what any of that means
Buy that pedal?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Fuzz. LOTS OF IT.

A fuzz literally distorts the signal until it's almost a square wave. You should use one with a fairly high gain for an 8-bit esque tone.

Quote by daxter34

The pickup is set to neck position which in this case is a stock Ibanez single coil and plugged straight into a Peavey envoy that has a 10 inch speaker. Amp distortion is the only effect

A pickup in the neck position, means that you're using the pickup that is near the neck of your guitar. That particular position usually gives a bassy sound - though it won't sound bassy after the fuzz.

The size of the speaker shouldn't matter here, and most practice amps should have a distortion effect. Cheap practice amps' distortions have a really low quality, which gives a "lo-fi" or "8-bit" sound. Mine sounds like a cheap fuzz at high gain
Professional lurker since 2009.
Quote by daxter34

It's a fuzz pedal. As in, the name of the effect is fuzz.