Pit, i was browsing bands early looking for really great sounding tracks (only in terms of production) and came across a good few, i was mostly looking for BIG sounding drums.

List/link some of your favourite songs based on production and if known who it was mixed/recorded/produced yadadada by.

Genre is anything, mostly looking for drums that sit beautifully in a track.

There was a thread similar to this while ago so don't get butt hurt because it was the opposite of what im asking.

This is not a war based on musical talent or similar.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Oct 14, 2011,
Quote by BenRaah
The new Steven Wilson album has probably the best production I've ever heard.

Yes.

Also, Devin Townsend. Accelerated Evolution might be close to what you're after, the drums are enormous.
Last edited by whalepudding at Oct 14, 2011,
Kylesa's Static Tensions is one of the best produced albums imo. I believe Philip Cope the guitarist did all the production. The panned drums are seriously awesome.

Electric Wizard's Dopethrone also comes to mind. It's absolutely massive without being overly dense and headache inducing.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Rage Against the Machine's debut album sounds brilliant in my opinion.

Dark Side of the Moon is probably the greatest production ever though.
Last edited by vitchb at Oct 14, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons
Personally, this is probably one of the best produced things I've ever heard.

Jesus shitting Christ.

for introducing me to whatever that is
A song you feel = good production. The songwriters and instrumentalists are part of the sound achieved on a recording = part of the production. IMO minimal production = good production.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Personally, this is probably one of the best produced things I've ever heard.

Good choice.

The Talking Heads usually have lovely production on their albums, and Von D's album sounds beautiful.