What's up pit, I'm applying to be an ambassador at a college in my area and it requires that I make a video about myself. It's supposed to be why I'm a good choice, it's supposed to be five minutes. So I have a lot of the subject material I want to talk about already laid out, but I am looking for some filming techniques or ideas to make the video more interesting, to watch and hopefully to make. So any of you guys with experience filming or ideas just throw it out...

I'm looking for some funnier stuff, something that just is easier to watch because you can laugh. Or just an interesting technique, let me know if you need more explanation.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Present your information professionally, yet in a collegiate manner. Make sure at least one scene is of you wearing joke glasses so that you crush the competition who are full of themselves.

Other relevant ideas:

- Have the cameraman follow you as you walk past major landmarks on campus.
- Have scenes where you are talking while using the various transportation options in and around your campus.
- Be filmed at the football and basketball games.

Basically show that you are not a pit monkey who spends all of his hours indoors on a computer refreshing UG/forums/Pit.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Oct 14, 2011,
Talk about The Pit.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
spend 1 minute and 30 seconds drawing eyeballs on your eye lids (use sped up footage) and then explain how it can get you through those long boring lectures the day after the Beer Pong world championships!
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Question:

Is it legal for me to use clips music that I own in the background video?? and credit it at the end, seems like there are many conflicting copyright laws... It would be only shared between me and whoever watches the video at the college.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
bump.
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel

thread.
Quote by 801Current
Question:

Is it legal for me to use clips music that I own in the background video?? and credit it at the end, seems like there are many conflicting copyright laws... It would be only shared between me and whoever watches the video at the college.

Probably not, but I don't think anyone is going to care.

Just do a video of you doing what you're good at and why it makes you the best candidates, in the style of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY-Ls_7zXzM
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████