I have a Schecter Omen 6. It has a stock Schecter Humbucker on the neck and an EMG HZ of some sort on the neck. I guess the sound from the neck is decent, but I really dislike the tonality of the EMG. My amp is a Peavey Vypyr 15. I want to play grunge, stoner rock/metal and some blues rock.

Recommend me a pickup set, UG.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Its really kind of a toss up whether you should upgrade your pickups or your amp. If you are just practicing at home then pickups would be good. Otherwise it might be better to save for an amp.

Any ways what is your budget for the pickups?
I have a Vypyr 15, among other amps. Great choice!

I'm guessing you play high gain stuff? What is your budget? You might want to consider getting one great bridge pickup instead of a set if your budget is limited.

Let us know what bands you like too.
Quote by Sputnik1
Its really kind of a toss up whether you should upgrade your pickups or your amp. If you are just practicing at home then pickups would be good. Otherwise it might be better to save for an amp.

Any ways what is your budget for the pickups?

I only really practice at home or jam with friends. My budget is pretty much whatever, as long as it's not outrageous.

Quote by JackoMBA
I have a Vypyr 15, among other amps. Great choice!

I'm guessing you play high gain stuff? What is your budget? You might want to consider getting one great bridge pickup instead of a set if your budget is limited.

Let us know what bands you like too.

Yeah, high gain stuff, like I said grunge and stoner metal like Alice in Chains,
Soundgarden, Nirvana, Sleep, Goatsnake, Eictric Wizard, etc. Most of them play down tuned, if that makes a difference. Oh and maybe some Dream Theater if I can handle John Petrucci's playing.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Last edited by moscaespañol at Oct 15, 2011,