Hey dudes. i have a gibson les paul studio, and im thinking about getting new pickups, because i feel the original gibson pickups just arent giving me a good enough metal crunch, bite, and overall sound. I am very curious about bareknuckle. Im curious to hear if any of you guys have ever used them before, and if so, what set would you recommend?? I play thrash, death, black metal, and metalcore/deathcore, just to give you guys an idea of my preferred sound. I dont need AMAZING cleans either, but i would very much like pickups that at least do clean sounds decently, because i love to mix it up every once in a while, and play alot of songs that have clean intros/interludes, etc etc. Feedback would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance, Keep it Metal!! \m/
If you can afford 'em. Get 'em.

Warpigs / Nailbombs / Aftermath's will all serve you well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

It will really all depend on what amp you're using. If you're running through a shitty amp, don't bother putting such high quality pickups into the guitar. But if you ARE playing through something nice, Aftermaths would fit. Also check out the Cold Sweat.

EDIT: ^ Those pickups have a high midrange, and I'm assuming for the genres TS is playing he's either scooping his mids or leaving them relatively flat while boosting treble and bass.
Last edited by TheAbsentOne at Oct 14, 2011,
Thanks for all the info guys. Im either going to get the aftermaths or a set of warpigs. The choice of ceramics or alnicos is all preference, right?, or do i need to pick alnico because the pickups that are currently in my gibson alnicos? And as for amps, im playing through a krank rev jr mini halfstack and a peavy 6505+ with a marshall cab. Pretty ****in badass setup, if i dont mind saying so myself!!!, Also, ALWAYS running a dunlop mxr wylde OD in front of my amps as i feel totally beefs EVERYTHING up and makes my crunchiness and tone SOOO much better. Thanks again for looking at this guys and answering my most recent question about lnico over ceramic. ^^^^
I'd email them or post on the BKP forum with your guitar, rig and tone wants. If you're buying one of the alnico contemporary pickups, their output will be much higher than what you have in your Gibson.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by DarthV
I'd email them or post on the BKP forum with your guitar, rig and tone wants. If you're buying one of the alnico contemporary pickups, their output will be much higher than what you have in your Gibson.

This. email them. They have amazing customer service
RIP Gooze

cats
That reminds me, I need to email them about a pickup for my rga121
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
i have wanted to try one forever, and haven't, but a few months ago there was a guy who posted "NPD" and they were bareknuckles. i asked him if they were worth $150 a pop over the evo and air norton (this is in a wolfgang), and he said that he liked them better than the dimarzios before (which IIRC were also evo and air norton), and he said he was a little disappointed about the bang for the buck. he liked them better, but he said, that his dimarzios got him 80-90% of what he wanted.

i am sure they are awesome pickups, and i am sure i will eventually pick up a pair, but i am prioritizing my cash elsewhere.

just make sure the rest of your rig is up to par to make the change noticable.

i have a feeling that BKP has a little bit of a bandwagon going on.

again i haven't played them so i wont go any further because i dont want to spread false information or anything, just wanted to make you think/hear demos/ before you order them.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My Nailbomb is the best sounding neck humbucker I've ever heard. Bar none. It's miles above anything else I've played, even other boutiques. It does everything from cleans to br00t4lz. The bridge Nailbomb is okay. Nothing too special but a definite step up from DiMarzio's and Seymour Duncan's offerings. I might swap it with another BKP eventually. The Trilogy Suite middle is pretty nice. Much, much better than anything from the big guys but Lollar is the king of single coils IMO. Love my Blackface set.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs