Page 1 of 3
Months ago, I moved to Kent Island, here in Maryland. Fewer months ago, I found out that the Paul Reed Smith guitar factory was not just near, but on the Island itself! So... I checked the website... they didn't have any positions I was eligible for... so I didn't even bother filling in an application-- continuing to work my *awesome* job at Dunkin' Donuts.

Well, just a few days ago, I just happened to go to the PRS website again... and it said they were hiring entry-level sanders! I was pumped. The next day, I went in and filled in an application. My heart was pounding, even just being in the lobby... I knew it was where I wanted to be. I even saw Paul himself walking away through a door, even with his back turned to me... I couldn't help my uncontrollable smile.

Anyway... two days later, I got a call saying they wanted me to come in for an interview... boy, was I surprised... I really did not expect a call... let alone so soon after I had just applied!

So I just went in this afternoon, took a tour of the factory... had a brief interview, and will be going in for my first training day, this wednesday! This is literally the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. I know I won't let them down! I hope I get the hang of it really fast. I'm really excited!

That's all! :]

tl;dr
I'm gonna work at the Paul Reed Smith factory. Too freaking cool.
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
Quote by Roythebattousai
my *awesome* job at Dunkin' Donuts.

That name just makes me laugh

Edit: Thats great news TS, have fun!
I was thinking about getting a PRS. Know that I know pit monkeys will be working on them, I'm not sure I want one...

Nah, good shit man, that's sick.

Edit: Also, I can only imagine how happy you are that you don't have to serve coffee and deal with customers anymore.
Last edited by High&Mighty at Oct 14, 2011,
Wow that's sweet man do you have experience woodworking or making guitars?
Quote by smokeysteve22

That name just makes me laugh

Edit: Thats great news TS, have fun!

You don't have DD in the UK? You must taste the wonderfulness that is blueberry cake donuts. Wait, do you have donuts in UK, or doughnuts?
blueberry donuts ftw. No one I know besides myself likes them. That and blueberry coffee, oh yeah.
Quote by scones7
Wow that's sweet man do you have experience woodworking or making guitars?

None whatsoever. I brought that up during the interview, and she said that it was no problem at all-- I would learn all the necessary skills within the first week.
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Congrats. That's a kickass job to get.

Convince them to use more Tune-o-matics! I love a good wraparound but some more TOM action would be nice. Hope they don't make you sell that Zoot Suit SG.
I never thought I'd envy someone's job.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by High&Mighty
blueberry donuts ftw. No one I know besides myself likes them. That and blueberry coffee, oh yeah.

Tell em to make there P90s with a hotter output (IE knock off Gibson's) I put a PRS back on the shelf because I couldn't get the buggers to snarl, they were ultra soft, was a huge let down because for $400 that thing made a lot of Gibsons look like poo.

Anywho congrats on the new job, I have been wanting to change over from my current career to a music based one but have not been having any luck.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
Quote by Roythebattousai
tl;dr
I'm gonna work at the Paul Reed Smith factory. Too freaking cool.

Awesome, man!
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Cool that your're gonna work there, but sanding is REALLY boring.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by Skullivan
You don't have DD in the UK? You must taste the wonderfulness that is blueberry cake donuts. Wait, do you have donuts in UK, or doughnuts?

We have Doughnuts in shops n stuff but haven't seen a 'shop' or anything just selling doughnuts only stools at town area's
you bastard
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Working for an awesome company that make cool guitars is all well and good, but think about what your job is... the thing you'll actually be doing there as your job........

Sanding. For hours on end. Probably at a relatively early stage of the guitar build too, you won't even get to see the cool finishes.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Lucky...
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP 4-String Bass
Fender BXR 60 watt
Squier Fender Stratocaster 20th anniversary edition\
Pignose acoustic
Samick D1/SN
any good discounts?
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by High&Mighty
Edit: Also, I can only imagine how happy you are that you don't have to serve coffee and deal with customers anymore.

Oh.My.God. You know me so well. Haha

Quote by mullet1337
Working for an awesome company that make cool guitars is all well and good, but think about what your job is... the thing you'll actually be doing there as your job........

Sanding. For hours on end. Probably at a relatively early stage of the guitar build too, you won't even get to see the cool finishes.

Yeah, but I went through the factory, the sanders were all just in their own stations, listening to their headphones, doin' their thing. Sure it might be boring... but at least it's a low stress environment... no one breathing down their necks... And they get to listen to music at the same time... the time would fly!
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Quote by Roythebattousai
None whatsoever. I brought that up during the interview, and she said that it was no problem at all-- I would learn all the necessary skills within the first week.

So much for all that every PRS is built by skilled craftmen with years of experience yadda yadda yadda bullshit. Nah, JK buddy, enjoy your new job
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
So much for all that every PRS is built by skilled craftmen with years of experience yadda yadda yadda bullshit. Nah, JK buddy, enjoy your new job

Well, he'll be sanding and doing other stuff like that for a while so in a few years he will be

Quote by Roythebattousai

Like you said, you'll be sanding, there isn't really anything to learn. Hold the paper, move your hand in the direction of the grain. Thats basically it

Congrats though
Quote by Roythebattousai
Yeah, but I went through the factory, the sanders were all just in their own stations, listening to their headphones, doin' their thing. Sure it might be boring... but at least it's a low stress environment... no one breathing down their necks... And they get to listen to music at the same time... the time would fly!

Paul Reed Smith only allows employees to listen to musicians who exclusively use their guitars.

Really though, congrats!
Quote by ne14t
Tell em to make there P90s with a hotter output (IE knock off Gibson's) I put a PRS back on the shelf because I couldn't get the buggers to snarl, they were ultra soft, was a huge let down because for $400 that thing made a lot of Gibsons look like poo.

Anywho congrats on the new job, I have been wanting to change over from my current career to a music based one but have not been having any luck.

Surely you don't mean $400? It's like $800 for an Epiphone in australia.
Quote by juckfush
Paul Reed Smith only allows employees to listen to musicians who exclusively use their guitars.

Really though, congrats!

Not sure if serious, but BTBAM.

That is all.
Quote by juckfush

Really though, congrats!

I could probably listen to Abraxas a solid 20 times in a row...

Edit:

Quote by Kevin19
Not sure if serious, but BTBAM.

That is all.

Kevin19, I credit you for my discovery of Between the Buried and Me... Freaking awesome. Totally digging it. Thank you so much.
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Last edited by Roythebattousai at Oct 14, 2011,
Quote by madbasslover
The factory is in Maryland?!?!?!?!

I MUST GO.

Come for a tour! It's free, and it's awesome.
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Quote by Roythebattousai
I could probably listen to Abraxas a solid 20 times in a row...

Edit:

Kevin19, I credit you for my discovery of Between the Buried and Me... Freaking awesome. Totally digging it. Thank you so much.

You've been around here for 5 years and haven't listened to BTBAM?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by juckfush

Really though, congrats!

thats a pretty good list though...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
my baby brother worked at a chocolate factory, he hated chocolate afterwards.

good luck with that...
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by Flying Couch
Congrats. That's a kickass job to get.

Convince them to use more Tune-o-matics! I love a good wraparound but some more TOM action would be nice.

Ahem.....

Page 1 of 3