BLUE IS THE BEST!
9 32%
YELLOW IS THE BEST!
8 29%
GREEN IS THE BEST!
6 21%
Voters: 28.
Page 1 of 3
Ever wanted to punch jetfuel495 or bring a hammer down on Jackal58? Well now's your chance!

tl,dr: Everyone gets given in game money. They are shown a load of pictures of robot parts. Each team must buy parts and make a picture of a robot out of them. The parts you use affect how good it is

The fights themselves are like a board game. You take it in turns to move around and attack the other players

Team sign ups are always open

The Teams

+ RED TEAM: (The bloodiest of them of them all!)
Captain: ErikLensherr

smokeysteve22
AeroRocker

+ BLUE TEAM (The coolest of them all!)
Captain:

jetfuel495
UntilISleep
VillainousLatin

+ YELLOW TEAM (The happiest of them all!)
Captain: It's probably gonna be Jackal

Skullivan
Jackal58
Killer Bob 912

+GREEN TEAM (The most environmentally friendly of them all!)
Captain:

son_of_bodom
Caffeinated Net
3OddOnes

Captains will be elected by their team members

To avoid imbalance in team members, you may not get choose which team you join. You simply state your interest and I will put you in an available team and invite you into its private group. Anyone can join at any time in the game.

Hello, and welcome to Battle Bots, the online strategy board game where you get to build your own robot and fight against other robots. Below you'll find a pooload of information that will be useful for when you play the game, but I understand if you can't be bothered to read it right now

Players will design and build robots out of virtual parts bought with in game money and will aim to make the best possible robot with the best stats. They will then attempt to put these stats to good use in the battlefield, where they will face off against the other teams' robots.
Here's a very basic example of a battlefield:

As you can see, its just a grid. Teams will take it in turns to move their robots around the grid and perform actions to help win the fights. Such as attacking *duh*.

The actions you can perform are shown in this handy flowchart:

Part 1 Of Your Turn

Recharge: Fills up your battery. If your robot's battery is empty, you must recharge and skip your turn. ALmost everything you do consumes battery points, so keep an eye on how full your battery is.
Move: Exactly what it says on the tin. The higher your speed stat, the more squares you can move in one turn.
Use An Item: You can buy items in the shop before each battle. These have various effects on battle
Supercharge Move: These are powerful attacks that vary depending on what you're stats are. You can only use it if you have a Supercharge engine, which charges up a bit every time you attack someone. Be careful, because Supercharge moves drain all your battery, and you'll have to recharge on the next turn.
Skip Turn: If you don't want to do anything with your turn, you can just skip it and wait for a better opportunity.

Part 2 Of Your Turn

Attack!: What you've been waiting for. The effects and limitations of an attack vary depending on what weapon you have, but you normally have to be in an adjacent square to another robot in order to attack it, unless you have a long range weapon. Of course, if you feel like attacking a wall or some empty air then feel free.
Use An Item: Where in your turn you can use the item varies depending on what the item is. You can't use more than one item in a turn
Skip Turn: This option is still available. It can be a good tactic when used correctly

What's that you say? You want to know what all this 'battery' and 'speed' stuff is about? You're wondering why I'm assuming what you said in reponse to this post?
Well, it's time for me to explain stats:

Stats
Health: When this runs out, you’re out.
Attack: This determines how powerful your attacks are.
Defence: Counters attack. The number of your defence stat is taken off the number of the attackers attack stat and the result number is the amount of health taken off
SpeedThe number of your speed stat is the maximum number of squares you can move in a turn
battery:most actions consume battery power. When your battery runs out you have to recharge and miss a turn. The amount of battery a parts action consumes (e.g. moving, attacking) will be shown in the parts shop

Good luck everyone. Lets see how well UG can work as a team.
If this all goes well, we could have inter-forum championships between 3 other forums

also, poll is not serious

I'm sure you have many questions after that wall of text, so feel free to ask away
Musical Theatre! *jazz hands*

...what am I doing on this site...
Last edited by MetaIronForce at Oct 19, 2011,
Oh wow. I didn't understand a word of that. Fuck this.

Quote by genghisgandhi

Wat.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Way to gun it down... Any way I can make it clearer?

I'll give an example of a game:

Everyone gets given in game money. They are shown a load of pictures of robot parts. Each team must buy parts and make a picture of a robot out of them. The parts you use affect how good it is

The fights themselves are like a board game. You take it in turns to move around and attack the other players

Last edited by MetaIronForce at Oct 14, 2011,
So I assume this would be set up with a few scrimmage games at first and then a championship?
Are there special roles in each team (besides captain)?
Will these matches be held in forums, chats, etc?
These are questions I have, but this seems pretty interesting.
Expected: Online flash game that might be fairly interesting.

Acquired: Wall of text and pictures.

I'm disappointed.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP 4-String Bass
Fender BXR 60 watt
Squier Fender Stratocaster 20th anniversary edition\
Pignose acoustic
Samick D1/SN
Quote by Skullivan
So I assume this would be set up with a few scrimmage games at first and then a championship?
Are there special roles in each team (besides captain)?
Will these matches be held in forums, chats, etc?
These are questions I have, but this seems pretty interesting.

Yes
There'll be a vice captain to take over from the captain if he can't fufill the role anymore. Other than that, there aren't any special positions unless the captain wants to make any. The captain is the one who makes the final decision
Teams will discuss what to do in their private groups. The in game actions they do will be posted in this thread (unless they're private groups).

I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by smokeysteve22
Sign me up haha...

Considering your first post was a lolstack and you're still typing laughs, I don't think you actually want to play it seriously. But whatever, maybe I can change your mind.

pear is relevant
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Lord Waltaa

I had to watch that like twice before I noticed that he grew a beard.
Gear:
Peavey Millennium 4 AC BXP 4-String Bass
Fender BXR 60 watt
Squier Fender Stratocaster 20th anniversary edition\
Pignose acoustic
Samick D1/SN
I clicked on this thread for manly robot fights, not thinking!!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by UntilISleep
I want to be on Red team!!

To keep the teams balanced, you don't get to choose which team you're on. I cycle between the teams, so you'll be in blue

Quote by Lord Waltaa

I'm first!!
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by lushacrous
I clicked on this thread for manly robot fights, not thinking!!

It's a strategy game

Quote by MetaIronForce
To keep the teams balanced, you don't get to choose which team you're on. I cycle between the teams, so you'll be in blue

you couldnt have just put him in red eh?

WHAT A DICK TS IS!!!!!
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by MetaIronForce
Considering your first post was a lolstack and you're still typing laughs, I don't think you actually want to play it seriously. But whatever, maybe I can change your mind.

Why am i in red? I wanna be yellow

Y I NO CAPTAIN?

My lolstack was inb4 all the comments, i pre laughed and predicted the future.
Last edited by smokeysteve22 at Oct 14, 2011,
Quote by jetfuel495
I want to commandeer the blue team

or at least be on it

make it happen

You never cross a mod, never TS, never, especially jetfuel, make it happen.
Quote by jetfuel495
I want to commandeer the blue team

or at least be on it

make it happen

I will follow you to the end my captain!
You have to be voted into the position of captain by your other team members.

jetfuel495 and Skullivan, I'm putting you down.

There are no differences between the teams right now so it doesn't really matter

But maybe just this once....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the man who thought a kamikaze was a Japanese toilet. Craig Charles!

"We don't like losers. We don't like draws. We're winners here, on Robot Wars"
i think the only way i could be more confused than i am after reading that would be if i came home to find to a group of albino Islamic leprechauns dressed up in purple rabbit costumes engaging in some sort of bacon themed orgy to the sound of Devo's Freedom of Choice with the vocals overdubbed in old Swedish.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yellow team.
You guys are toast.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Duffman123
"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome the man who thought a kamikaze was a Japanese toilet. Craig Charles!

"We don't like losers. We don't like draws. We're winners here, on Robot Wars"

Just like to state that I've seen Robot Wars live at Nottingham Arena. Teddybot got set on fire by Sgt Bash, we all laughed and chanted. And that pig looking bot fought as well.

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Oct 14, 2011,
It'll all make more sense when we actually play. If there's anything in particular you'd like to explain better, please say so.

Quote by Trowzaa
Just like to state that I've seen Robot Wars live at Nottingham Arena. Teddybot got set on fire by Sgt Bash, we all laughed and chanted. And that pig looking bot fought as well.

Excellent story mate, I'm jealous
sounds good. sign me up.

I hope this doesn't end up like the pits monster "thrusty"
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by Jackal58
Yellow team.
You guys are toast.

Was that a sign up or are you just saying that the yellow team are doomed?

Also, I'm inviting everyone to the corresponding groups for their teams. Check your invites.

Quote by MetaIronForce
Was that a sign up or are you just saying that the yellow team are doomed?

Also, I'm inviting everyone to the corresponding groups for their teams. Check your invites.

2 things I excel at. Automation and killing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by jetfuel495
ACtually, I have invites for blue and yellow, so I joined both

Just kick me out of whichever one I shouldn't be in

That was an accident. But since I'm feeling nice, you get to choose which one to stay in.

I'm being very loose on the 'team chosen for you' rule. I'll be stricter when games actually start, because thats when team overbalancing actually matters

As captain of the green team, what are my duties?
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Page 1 of 3