Hey, so I was just wondering...

I've got to learn a set list of the 14 tracks on the Crow soundtrack for Devil's Night, going through each one. So far, what I'm doing is listening to the album on repeat, and just taking down what effects are being used by the guitars, and also taking down the sections, etc... So far I'm learning it by ear, just by playing along, but I'll use tabs if I have to.

So I was curious, to anybody that's totally badass at learning a bunch of songs on a time limit, is there anything else that I should do? Any really good pointers, or anything?
I learn whole sets of songs on a regular basis. I start by writing the chord progressions and keys of each song down, then getting the riffs/solos right and writing down the structure. While doing this I'll keep playing along with the song. Once done, Ill move to the next song. Depending on the complexity of the song this process can take anywhere between 1 minute to an hour. Per song. Most songs I can do in 5-10 mins.

Effects arent that important if you can't play the song yet
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
I'll second the idea of writing stuff down. Not every last note. Who has time for that? But arrangements, basic chord changes, etc.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by axemanchris
I'll second the idea of writing stuff down. Not every last note. Who has time for that? But arrangements, basic chord changes, etc.

CT

Haha. Yeah I dont write down every note I just use theory knowledge to figure out the lines and memorise them as I go
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud