I've bee looking to buy a guitar from Jackson's USA series, but I'm not sure about which model I want. I understand that they all use essentially the same pickups and wood and all that jazz, but I'm unsure of which shape I want. I like the Rhoads because it's easy to sit in a classical position with, but from my experience is pretty neck-heavy. The Kelly seems awesome to sit down with, but I've heard that it's terribly neck heavy as hell. Then there's the King V. From what I've seen with Dave Mustaine, it's got great weight and balance to it, but sitting down could seem troubling. That leaves it to the Soloist, which is probably weighted greatly, but it looks like every Stratocaster clone ever made lol. Not trying to be picky here, just want a unique shape that also has practical purpose to it. I would like to hear from those who actually own any of these guitars:

RR1 - KE2 - KV2 - SL2H - SL1 -WR1

Thanks in advance to anyone that helps me out.
I have a Rhoads V and at first I hated it enough to almost return it, but it started to grow on me. It's not TERRIBLE to sit down with, but it's definitely not the most comfortable thing ever.

The King V is basically the same as the Rhoads, just with an even longer leg.

You're really going to want to try them all out yourself and see which one you feel the most comfortable with instead of taking hearsay as your only option.

EDIT: Also, in terms of which you should pick, I'd recommend Comfort >>> Style. I'm not saying get something you hate looking at, but you're going to be a lot happier playing a comfortable guitar that you kind of like the looks of compared with staring at a guitar you LOVE the look of but hate playing.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Last edited by Ragu35 at Oct 14, 2011,
Quote by Ragu35
I have a Rhoads V and at first I hated it enough to almost return it, but it started to grow on me. It's not TERRIBLE to sit down with, but it's definitely not the most comfortable thing ever.

The King V is basically the same as the Rhoads, just with an even longer leg.

You're really going to want to try them all out yourself and see which one you feel the most comfortable with instead of taking hearsay as your only option.

I actually enjoy sitting with the Rhoads. My friend has one and I've tried it myself. I'm a classically trained guitarist, so I love the way it sits upright with the fretboard right in front of me and basically forces me to keep my posture straight. How do you manage standing with the thing? Do you use a pretty good leather strap or something to compensate for the heavy neck?
Quote by WaddleDeee
I actually enjoy sitting with the Rhoads. My friend has one and I've tried it myself. I'm a classically trained guitarist, so I love the way it sits upright with the fretboard right in front of me and basically forces me to keep my posture straight. How do you manage standing with the thing? Do you use a pretty good leather strap or something to compensate for the heavy neck?

The neck isn't heavy at all! At least not on mine. I'm able to keep it at a perfect angle to my arm so that it feels completely natural. Heck I NEED to play it standing up.

And maybe I just thought it was annoying because I have short arms and the fretboard seems to be much too high when I play classically :P
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Quote by Ragu35
The neck isn't heavy at all! At least not on mine. I'm able to keep it at a perfect angle to my arm so that it feels completely natural. Heck I NEED to play it standing up.

And maybe I just thought it was annoying because I have short arms and the fretboard seems to be much too high when I play classically :P

Thanks man, I'm gonna stop by my Guitar Center to see if they have a Rhoads to just mess around with. I already know the sound is amazing so I don't have any concerns about that. I'll probably just order the RR1 soon off of Musician's Friend. Always wanted to get a USA Jackson, and the guitar inspired by Randy seems awesome enough in itself.