Hey guys. Anyone order one of these yet? They're starting to come in to the dealers.

I ordered one on Tuesday from my Long & McQuade shop (Canada). I have no idea when I'll get it but it should be a fun amp to play around with. They charge $999 Canadian, which is sweet.

I decided to get one since I'm mostly a home studio player and loooove high gain. Bonus: it has an effects loop, which you don't typically see on lunchbox amps. I realize that 10/25 watts is still really loud for home use; I'll just have to send my wife and kids out for ice cream.

My other amps are a Vypyr Tube 60 and a Orange Dual Terror. I actually also ordered a Orange TH30 when I went in to order the Boogie. Long & McQuade currently charges $969 for the TH30, so I decided what they heck. I can probably sell my Dual Terror for $450 if I decide to keep the TH30.

So ... anyone planning on ordering a Mini Rec?
Unless the mini sounds amazingly better at home volumes, and for $1000, I'd rather get a used 2ch dual rectifier head. Then again the used market here in NB (see you're from Moncton) is pretty sparse right now
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
No, because I'm not a massive ******. Just kidding

Nah, I won't be getting one, my amp is going to hold me off for a number of years, for the price I think I'd rather an actual rec, (Probably a triple, never played one, but I've heard them live, sound killer), but that's just me.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
It's true that the used market for Dual Recs is great for people who want one. They go for $850 to $1,000 on Ebay.

I had a Dual Rec and found it too muddy on the super high gain stuff. The crunch and clean tones were great though. + it was obviously overkill for home use, even with 2 power tubes pulled out.

We'll see if I find this to be true with the Mini (muddiness).
They give you any sort of time frame on when it will come in. Here in Fredericton they said it could be a 4-6 week wait if I wanted to order a new 2x12 rectifier cab instead of buying the one on the floor.

Saw a 2ch dual rec for $800 or 850 near Saint John last week. So it's not only ebay that good deals can be found (kijiji 4tw).
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I had ordered a 2x12 Boogie vertical cab and it took way too long to get it, so I just built my own.

I'll call my guy tomorrow. He was supposed to get back to me by today if the expected delivery was > 4 weeks. I'm a big boy ... I can wait.

Quote by DarthV
They give you any sort of time frame on when it will come in. Here in Fredericton they said it could be a 4-6 week wait if I wanted to order a new 2x12 rectifier cab instead of buying the one on the floor.

Saw a 2ch dual rec for $800 or 850 near Saint John last week. So it's not only ebay that good deals can be found (kijiji 4tw).
Really depends on what brand you're ordering. Ibanez is another company that can take forever to deliver.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs