AMP UPGRADE TIME GUYS. was wanting some input here, ive been debating between 2 different amps
the line 6 spyder iii 30 watt for 170 or the line 6 spyder IV 30 watt for 200
seen some videos and such but was hoping for some input from local community

or possibly wait and get the IV 75 watt since it has so much more to it at only 100$ more D; decisions decisions
Neither? For $300, shoot for a used Peavey Vypyr 60 tube combo!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
if you have to choose between those 2 i'd get the 4 instead of the 3. however if your really into modelling a vyper tube would be a way better option.
[Cool Post-N00b of the Pedalboard Thread]
Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
Don't get a spider. They're not very good. There are better amps to be had, like the vypry tube.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Oct 14, 2011,
Vyper tube, for the love of christ.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Seriously, the Spyders are horrible. Check out either a Vox Valvetronix, a Peavey Vypyr or even an Orange Crush Series before the Spyder. Line 6 amps aren't any good until you get to their high end models, which does not include Spyders.
dont make the same mistake i did.... Go get that Vyper tube. cause you can not beat the 6506 modeling. Greatness
Don't rule out Roland Cube's either, awesome amps, but still, for the sake of your ears and wallet, get the Vyper tube.
ಠ_ಠ

If you're hell-bent on Line6, DEFINITELY go with the IV. Sounds exponentially better than the III.

I would also recommend looking into Bugera, they make great tube amps at great prices but you'd be paying a little more than twice as much as you are currently willing to spend. Maybe less if you find a used one. Totally worth it IMO. No cheesy effects, but tonally it beats any modeling amp out there (except maybe a few high-end ones that cost as much as a real tube amp)
Guitars:
-Agile Interceptor Pro 7-string
-PRS SE Standard

Amps:
-Bugera 6262 2x12 combo
-B-52 AT-100

Pedals (rarely used):
-Digitech Whammy
-BBE Green Screamer OD
-Morley Bad Horsie 2 wah

Home made cabinets and cables
Last edited by J☺e at Oct 14, 2011,
Should I bash my left foot with a hammer or my right?
Correct answer - neither.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
well to add to what everyone else just said..I just bought a Vypyr tube 60 recently and I love my life...
it came down to these 2 because thats what was advised by friend XD so i came here to see if they were right and boy were they wrong thanks guys, ima check out the vypyr tubes so spoken highly of
Definitely the Vypyr over the Line 6. I don't like how the Spider makes every guitar sound the same (and bad)
Wise choice. You'll thank us more once you get it.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by WtrPlyr
wuts a spyder?

haha idk man i know theres something where they spell it that way but wasnt caring too much, thinking of the car probably but anyways back on topic, yea i saw every1 was saying the vypyr over the spider XD i only had 1 opinion so i came here to check and everyone helped show i could do better than advised and i thank you all very much for helping like usual with any questions, gonna look at GC this weekend when i go up to find a case