I'm not saying that metal will be full out back, but from what I've heard so far metal is better than it's been since the late 90's. This year alone has had and will have a few more great releases like:
Anvil- Juggernaut of Justice
Anthrax- Worship Music
Megadeth - Th1rt3en
Venom - Fallen Angels
The Worshyp - Kingdom Earth

And a lot more. Does anybody agree with me that 2010-2020 are going to be some good years for metal?
Probably. Just like every decade if you know where to look

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
Metal is still here. somewhat unfortunately
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Return to mainstream? No.

And in any other sense it never left.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Not that I don't want to see more metal but Megadeth, Anthrax, Venom, Anvil are all old bands from the late 70's-80's (haven't heard of the other one) we can't really say that they are going to continue producing quality work or even still be a band in 10 years.

If you wanted proof that metal is returning I would look at bands formed in the mid-90's and 2000 area because they are the bands that will be playing strong for the next 15-20+ years. Wolf, Protest the Hero, System of a Down, and many others will be the ones to keep Metal going and expanding.
Quote by BigHeadClan

If you wanted proof that metal is returning I would look at bands formed in the mid-90's and 2000 area because they are the bands that will be playing strong for the next 15-20+ years. Wolf, Protest the Hero, System of a Down, and many others will be the ones to keep Metal going and expanding.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by ChemicalFire
Return to mainstream? No.

And in any other sense it never left.

This. And even when it was mainstream, it wasn't really metal, it was hard rock with leather pants, hairspray and pointy guitars.

What a useless thread.
When I said old I meant physically, you can't really expect them to still be able to pull off the same passionate shows and have the same energy when most of the members of the band are 50+ some going on 60.

It's almost time to pass the torch to the next generation, although my generation 90's+ seems to have kind of dropped it into the unholy congeal known as Dubstepp, Rap, and electric. But I'm hoping that most will realize the error of there ways and move back to real musics!
Quote by BigHeadClan
Not that I don't want to see more metal but Megadeth, Anthrax, Venom, Anvil are all old bands from the late 70's-80's (haven't heard of the other one) we can't really say that they are going to continue producing quality work or even still be a band in 10 years.

obvious troll is obvious
Quote by BigHeadClan
When I said old I meant physically, you can't really expect them to still be able to pull off the same passionate shows and have the same energy when most of the members of the band are 50+ some going on 60.

It's almost time to pass the torch to the next generation, although my generation 90's+ seems to have kind of dropped it into the unholy congeal known as Dubstepp, Rap, and electric. But I'm hoping that most will realize the error of there ways and move back to real musics!

system of a down rule bro
Quote by BigHeadClan

You realize that there is good hip-hop right? Lil Wayne and Birdman aren't the only rappers out there.
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
Quote by Lulzcifer
system of a down rule bro

eh? S.O.A.D rule?
Quote by GBcommander
You realize that there is good hip-hop right? Lil Wayne and Birdman aren't the only rappers out there.

Without a doubt there are still good artists in those category's(as in any genre) but to me it's just not appealing.
Quote by genghisgandhi
I listen to rap, (to an extent) pop music, AND metal.

Your open mindedness surely has blown minds and shaken social stigmas to their cores
Philosophy > Life
What the fuck is this abomination of a thread
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

I think i'm having an aneurysm.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link