I need to get an amp for my home studio. I have a $5,000 budget (my grandfather passed away and I was left with life insurance money). But I don't want to spend the entire $5,000.

I play pretty heavy music, but I also would like it to be a bit versatile.
I have a Jim Root Telecaster in the studio, so I was thinking of getting a Super-Sonic 100 with matching cabinet. I've heard those can be used for Metal.

Or an Orange Rockerverb 100 with matching cabinet.

I have a Fender Marcus Miller with a Fender TB-1200 and 810 PRO for recording bass, so I thought having an all Fender set up would be cool.
axe fxii with a mesa poweramp and an engl 4x12 with v60's will leave you with 1000 extra get a mic and interface with that
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
Take a look at Diamond's Hammersmith or Spitfire II.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Mesa Mark V
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Genres. Location.

No love for Axe Fx?

Engl Invader
Mesa Road King II
Tapp Chameleon (if you can find one)
Engl Steve Morse
Fortin Meathead
Fortin Natas
VHT Pitbull
Mesa Ballbuster

Quote by Cathbard
Mesa Mark V

I thought you didnt like Mesa's?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
I thought you didnt like Mesa's?
What made you think that? I don't talk about them very much because I don't have much experience with them but I've never said I don't like them. I'd love a Mark IIC.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i would look for the randall where you can change the preamps...or the mesa boogie mark V
Quote by Cathbard
What made you think that? I don't talk about them very much because I don't have much experience with them but I've never said I don't like them. I'd love a Mark IIC.

This is the first time Ive seen you rec one
For flexibility, and for 5k, you can always buy a great metal amp (mark V) and then a good clean amp. If you're just talking studio use, it's not like you're lugging around extra gear! Another option would be a triaxis, power amp and a cab. And a rack too, I guess
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
Quote by Cathbard
Mesa Mark V

best suggestion this thread. you won't need anything else as this amp can pretty much do it all. i'd also suggest at least getting a POD as you may find that it will make recording easier for times when you can't crank up an amp of just want to get an idea down quick.