so I was on here the other day with a toss up between A Les Paul GC gold top with p90s or a wine red traditional pro. I listened to some advice, and am now getting the traditional pro.
And I will be getting a bareknuckle humbucker sized p90 of some description and throwing it in the neck. To me this is the perfect compromise.
THanks guys. There will be a NGD thread up in the next week or two.
Cheers
the trad pro I played was a really nice guitar, probably wouldve bought it iif the whole gibson raided/lacey act thing didnt come up, because im in canada and a far as i know you cant get them here, so id have to go down to the US and brng it back up and deal with customs. that and i fell in love with another guitar that costs alot more that i ended up buying. but good choice buddy!
Quote by Seanthesheep
the trad pro I played was a really nice guitar, probably wouldve bought it iif the whole gibson raided/lacey act thing didnt come up, because im in canada and a far as i know you cant get them here, so id have to go down to the US and brng it back up and deal with customs. that and i fell in love with another guitar that costs alot more that i ended up buying. but good choice buddy!

Sorry to ask but, what guitar did you fall in love with?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Life is indeed a broken image.

Last.fm
PSN: BlindNematode
oh god.

well a PRS custom 24. when i was looking i was mainly comparing the LPC and Cu24. the from my experience with maybe 4 or 5 different LPCs, and one trad pro is that the trad pro is more of a players guitar while the LPC is sexy, classic and expensive.

Im not even going to touch on the topic of why i picked the PRS instead. just know my PRS is 1400$ more than the trad pro, and the LPC was was in a similar price bracket to the PRS. so its entirely different price brackets too. you picked a really great guitar though
yeah man. thanks see it was either get a guitar with p90s, or get one with coil tappable humbuckers, so yeah. man if prs was chearper I would lap them up. but you looking at $4000 minimum for a custom 24 here in AUS
yea, i didnt even notice youre in australia, which makes picking guitars even worse.

but Im pretty sure you can make the P90 that you plan to put in your trad pro able to be coil tapped too, whichd be pretty cool.

oh btw, we all expect a NGD thread from you when you get it
Quote by Seanthesheep
but Im pretty sure you can make the P90 that you plan to put in your trad pro able to be coil tapped too, whichd be pretty cool.

You cant coil tap a single coil p/u
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i'd probably go with the trad pro and consider putting a p-rail in the neck.

wine red is sexy. i'm a fan.
Quote by Robbgnarly
You cant coil tap a single coil p/u

yea you can but its not like coil tapping a humbucker. its like taking out half of the winds or something to make it lower output. ive seen gibson offer coil tapping on P90 guitars before, ill try and find an eexample
no thats a p-100.

here's an example.

*this post was just to show dude that tapped p-100s are offered from gibson.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Oct 15, 2011,