Last edited by Usernames sucks at Oct 16, 2011,
Put it between the amp and the speaker, you can unplug the two in the back.

However, why do you need an attenuator? It's a 50 watt amp with a master volume.......
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Ok sorry but, im probably the biggest amp noob in the world, and bought this amp used yeaterday.

When you say the amp and the speaker, is both of theese in my amp, or do i need an extra speaker from the amp?
Also, its really loud, and i have it on 8 o clock. I want to play crancked.

Edit: on the back of my amp, i have a cable from the speaker to an input that says 8 something (think it was watt or joule). Was it this you where talking about?
Last edited by Usernames sucks at Oct 15, 2011,
It goes between the amp and whatever speakers you are using. So between the amp and the speakers you are already using.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
It will say 8 ohm. Yes, you take a speaker cable from that output on the amp to the input of the attenuator and plug the speakers into the output of the attenuator.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Cheap ones are rubbish. With attenuators you get what you pay for. I'll let other people recommend specific ones; I have no use for them, I just crank it loud and to hell with anybody that doesn't like it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
A THD Hotplate would do the trick. I used to use mine with a 50 watt ENGL Screamer combo, and did the job well, you'll love it after hearing those power tubes sparkling dude. Now I use mine with my 5150, for extra power tube saturation for an already hellishly saturated amp! :P

The THD Hotplates come in various ohms as 4, 8 or 16, depending on the ohms of your amp and speaker using. It can easily take up to 150 watts amplifiers without a hassle, but over-attenuating will result in excess brightness and loss of low end, so try not to overdo it.

Stay away from cheap ones such as Marshall Powerbrake, which turns the tone into crappiness territory in my opinion.

But this one, is a beast, and the most expensive out there;
http://www.faustineamps.com/phantom.html

Best if you'd go with a THD Hotplate, Dr.Z Airbrake, or a Weber Mass, there are a lot of options.
*chugga chugga chuggity chug chug chug*
Quote by Kuntekin
A THD Hotplate would do the trick. I used to use mine with a 50 watt ENGL Screamer combo, and did the job well, you'll love it after hearing those power tubes sparkling dude. Now I use mine with my 5150, for extra power tube saturation for an already hellishly saturated amp! :P

The THD Hotplates come in various ohms as 4, 8 or 16, depending on the ohms of your amp and speaker using. It can easily take up to 150 watts amplifiers without a hassle, but over-attenuating will result in excess brightness and loss of low end, so try not to overdo it.

Stay away from cheap ones such as Marshall Powerbrake, which turns the tone into crappiness territory in my opinion.

But this one, is a beast, and the most expensive out there;
http://www.faustineamps.com/phantom.html

Best if you'd go with a THD Hotplate, Dr.Z Airbrake, or a Weber Mass, there are a lot of options.

Ok nice, ill check out a thd hotplate. How bad is the price? Also the input at the back of my amp says 8 omh, shuld i use a 8 ohm hotplate then?
why do you need an attenuator? attenuators generally work better in a live situation, when you want the tone of your amp on 7 but the sound guy insists that you can only have your amp on 5.

if you're planning to crank your amp right up and turn it right down with the attenuator, don't. it'll still sound like shit, and you'll wear out your tubes a lot more quickly.