#1
i keep my guitar on a mount above the amp, right next to a microwave at all times. its been there a couple months now. i have an active EMG too i was just wondering if this is bad?
#3
It probably is bad, not that there would really be any proof. People seem to blame microwaves for everything. The amount of radio waves, infrared or what ever other waves there are in the air would probably make no diffrence were your guitar is. Really, I don't think they do that much harm. If you're one of those crazy anti-microwave people then I would say move it. But since you have a microwave I don't think that would be the case. Thats just my opinion, not fact.

EDIT: Pac_man0123 is probably right about the hum. But some people seem to think that the vintage tone of pickups comes from electronic devices that have been around the guitar. Things like amps changing the magnatisem of the pickups. Newer electronic devices like cellphones and microwaves (I don't know how long microwaves have been around for) might not "age" your pickups in these same ways.
Last edited by da_ at Oct 15, 2011,
#4
Depends on what your cooking in the microwave.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.


Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
#5
I don't see a problem other than it might introduce more background noise through your amp, same as having any other electrical appliance nearby.
#6
Microwaves use micro waves, lol. Micro waves are electromagnetic energy. Look at the glass on the door. See the metal grid? That's to keep your brain from melting when you look at your food cooking in it. Bounces the waves back into the microwave. Metal casing = even more effective at this. Consensus: The electromagnetic waves in the microwave never leave the box. If they did, even in small quantities it would be deemed incredibly hazardous to your health and as a result, would not have been sold to you. When it's turned on, due to the power it draws it may cause a small hum. That's it.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
#7
you should be fine, but don't come crying to me when you turn your amp on and it makes a bing noise, opens up and reveals a microwaved meal.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
#8
Quote by Dempsey68
you should be fine, but don't come crying to me when you turn your amp on and it makes a bing noise, opens up and reveals a microwaved meal.

I wouldn't be mad if it was a Hungry Man.