Okay. I know little bits. But i want to use rack for the stage as it seems alot easier, more conveniant and most importantly, looks like a super computer on stage.

So, i mean, what should i really be looking at? I need clean cleans and heavy drives. Also what are essentials for playing venues? rack tuner vs floor tuner and all of that. The best cases and of course, stuff to look out for.

Help me look cool UG.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Afroboy267
Axe Fx.

Pretty hard to get in the uk. Bastids.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

A tuner is a tuner is a tuner. but some excellent things to have in rack gear over pedals is

1. a chorus / delay / whatever else you want. Most of these can be find in multieffects rack gear and they are still very good effects.

2. ISP decimator rack. Jesus christ, this thing is the balls.

It really is subjective. What do effects do you need? Also, are you looking at going to rack Preamp / power amp as well? Thats a whole different monster imo.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
Budget?

Axe FX is hard to get anywhere at the moment...3 month waiting list or something.

However, ultimate convencience rig:

Axe FX II
VHT 2:90
power conditioner
wireless 2x

MIDI board to control everything

slap it into a rack case, roll it around on a nice 4x12 and there you go.
WTLTL 2011
Would you use a rack effects unit over a line 6 M13? That's basically my onstage conveniance right now!
Quote by ZanasCross

well can get the all in one rack systems which have a preamp and effects or you can get a preamp and get a effects unit.

You will need a power conditioner and a power amp in either case. If you have a amp with a effects loop you can run straight into the return of the loop for a power amp.

What's your budget?

What sounds are you going for?
Rack tuners are great onstage because they have such huge displays. I don't think I could go back to pedals.

How you build up your rack depends on what you want to do. There are multitudes of preamps and power amps out there. A Mesa Triaxis would be my top choice if you had the money. But there are lots of preamps out there.
Power amps, well; Marshall, Mesa and Carvin all make good tube power amps.
Then you have to consider your effects. I'd go with a TC Electronics G-System. They pull apart to become a rack unit and a foot controller which negates the need for a separate MIDI controller.
Or you could go for a G-Major and a MIDI foot controller of some sort. Behringer make a decent one that's pretty cheap, one of the few decent things they do make.
But there are lots of ways to go. You can score an Alesis Quadraverb for peanuts now but are still top class units for Reverb, Delay, Mod (Chorus, Flanger, etc) and some EQ. Again you will still have to lash out on a MIDI controller.

Seriously there are so many ways to go, to list every possibility would be impossible. You can build it up over time because, being rack gear, it's all modular. Some of the gear going back as far as the late 80's are great and will save you squillions. Start with the amp and build from there.

You can also run a rack with a standard amp. Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend really. The sky's the limit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by cliff_em_all
Would you use a rack effects unit over a line 6 M13? That's basically my onstage conveniance right now!

If you already have an M13 it likely wouldnt be worth upgrading. the M13 is a pretty sweet unit.

For a cheaper alternative to the Axe look at the Eleven Rack possibly. It sounds great but doesnt have as many features as the Axe does. But if it has everything you would want on it its a great buy.