I have 5 or 6 effects pedals including a wah wah pedal that all need 9 volts. I have a couple 9 volt wall warts that came from who knows what but still leaves me short on power. I have a fully regulated power supply good for 1-15 volts selectable at up to 15 amps but its BIG and heavy. Could I use 1 of those 12 volt sealed rechargeable lead-acid batterys to power all the pedals. Any other suggestions whould also be welcome.
If your keen and not too worried about money you can get the voodoo lab pedal power, It's 8 isolated 9v slots. very very nice but it's around 150 bucks
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by P5ych0_Killer
1-Spot power supply plus the daisy chain. That should only run you about $30

Thanks worth looking into $34.99 at guitar center
What are the pedals?

You always have to worry about Negative Ground and Positive Ground pedals, they don't work well together. The Dunlop Brick doesn't isolate each output, it is just a daisy chain in a box. Daisy chains also don't isolate, obviously. Voodoo labs make great power supplies, very versatile and every port is isolated. I love mine.

You can just pick up a few more power supplies and run each pedal off its own wall wart. 9v power supplies that work fine can be found at dollar stores and thrift stores cheap.
cheap 9V power supplies come with power supply noise however and would need filtering
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
1 spot power supply works well, but its not isolated, meaning it will introduce some noise into your chain of effects. it's best to use something with an isolated power supply, like the products from "voodoo labs", but seeing as how you don't really want to save up for it, one spot is another way to go.

but warning you, one spot will give you noise. isolated power supplies running to a power conditioner will be much much better than a onespot into your wall.
1 spot + http://www.beavisaudio.com/projects/Huminator/index.htm + daisy chain = win?

EDIT: You probably don't even need the LED bit, and the reverse supply protection is debatable, just R1, and C1, C2
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Last edited by GABarrie at Oct 15, 2011,
I would shurely love a voodoo labs but alas the money for something like that is not there nor will it be there any time in the forseeable future. I have noticed there has not been any comments on useing a lead-acid battery ($20 new) 12 volts at 5 amps continuous an hour. The pedals are a Dunlop Wah/Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus/Boss DS-1/Digitech Stereo Phaser?Digitech Compressor-Sustainer/Digitech Bad Monkey All pedals are center pin negative
you would need to run a regulator and filter to bring it to 9V and leave your pedals happy.

and tbh, I just don't like the idea, having something full of lead-acid somewhere near where I'm stamping my feet makes me uneasy :p
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Quote by kidthorazine
I would shurely love a voodoo labs but alas the money for something like that is not there nor will it be there any time in the forseeable future. I have noticed there has not been any comments on useing a lead-acid battery ($20 new) 12 volts at 5 amps continuous an hour. The pedals are a Dunlop Wah/Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus/Boss DS-1/Digitech Stereo Phaser?Digitech Compressor-Sustainer/Digitech Bad Monkey All pedals are center pin negative

then save up for the voodoo labs. its not hard to go around your neighborhood and mow lawns. you just need to talk to people, use tact, and be kind.
Quote by kidthorazine

Then a 1Spot will be fine. If you are gigging or your home has bad wiring/interference, you may want to look into a power conditioner also, but if its just for home use and you don't get much noise, the 1Spot will work.