Never heard of him but RIP I guess.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I haven't heard of him, but I'm studying C++ Programming at Uni. Wouldn't have been able to without him I guess. RIP
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I haven't heard of him, but I'm studying C++ Programming at Uni. Wouldn't have been able to without him I guess. RIP

Same here
all the freaking out over steve jobs and not a mention of him and i didnt even know he passed away.

pathetic
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
I heard about this a couple days ago. I was then tremendously sad until I realised the same thing that JimmyBanks6 just said.

In short summary:

Quote by LordBishek
I heard about this a couple days ago. I was then tremendously sad until I realised the same thing that JimmyBanks6 just said.

In short summary:

I came to post that picture, but you beat me to it.

RIP
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Compiler-independent portability of language, paired together with an infallible kernel, were the two of the greatest gifts Ritchie and Thompson gave us. So fucking underappreciated among both people who study and people who use computers.

The sheer amount of arrogance in the tech industry, of immortalizing the TV-friendly 'visionaries,' and neglecting the true innovators who thought not for themselves - not for the people of their time, but for the true and honest benefit of their successors and beyond.

As a student, teacher, and innovator, I can say I am honestly ashamed of what is being done.

By the way, here's another revolutionary thinker who goes unnoticed, unspoken of, and completely forgotten. He was defeated by people who don't even understand the basics of creation and engineering. You listen to FM radio because of this gentleman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Howard_Armstrong

He fought all the way to his death, for the intellectual recognition for the gifts he gave us.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Oct 15, 2011,
RIP important people in the computer business.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Quote by darkstar2466
Compiler-independent portability of language, paired together with an infallible kernel, were the two of the greatest gifts Ritchie and Thompson gave us. So fucking underappreciated among both people who study and people who use computers.

The sheer amount of arrogance in the tech industry, of immortalizing the TV-friendly 'visionaries,' and neglecting the true innovators who thought not for themselves - not for the people of their time, but for the true and honest benefit of their successors and beyond.

As a student, teacher, and innovator, I can say I am honestly ashamed of what is being done.

By the way, here's another revolutionary thinker who goes unnoticed, unspoken of, and completely forgotten. He was defeated by people who don't even understand the basics of creation and engineering. You listen to FM radio because of this gentleman:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Howard_Armstrong

He fought all the way to his death, for the intellectual recognition for the gifts he gave us.

oh wow, i've never heard of this guy but he's done so much for the world.
Quote by LordBishek

In short summary:

Let's not be spiteful, you're better than that. True appreciation is given to this man because of his dedication, you needn't downplay another death because of the death of Ritchie.