Page 1 of 2
I don't understand why so many people are saying how much of a "visionary" steve jobs was. He did **** all. All he did was get loads of people to do some work, then take the credit as it for the "front man".

He did nothing except talk at those conference things...
EMERGE90 is mad.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If I was jealous, i would say Apple suck... but they are amazing, just steve jobs is a talentless asshole.
Cool opinion bro.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

His patent list says otherwise:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/08/24/technology/steve-jobs-patents.html

But I fucking hate apple products, so it's not like his patents mean much to me.

You need to do better than 'hit this one button for everything, stupid' to be a real visionary...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Oct 15, 2011,
Quote by Emerge90
If I was jealous, i would say Apple suck... but they are amazing, just steve jobs is a talentless asshole.

*was
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88
*was

dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Emerge90
I don't understand why so many people are saying how much of a "visionary" steve jobs was. He did **** all. All he did was get loads of people to do some work, then take the credit as it for the "front man".

Jobs was a notorious mico-manager actually, it's partly what got him kicked out of Apple the first time.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
His move to portable mp3players and the marketing campagne for it were quite amazing. totally overrated man though.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Yeah, he's just a greedy bastard that never did anything right.

Posted from my iPhone at 11:54 am.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Yeah, he's just a greedy bastard that never did anything right.

Posted from my iPhone at 11:54 am.

/westborobaptist

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Emerge90

I'm no apple fanatic, but my brother he is, he actually works at an apple store where I live, so I got a good view of his death from a fanatic's perspective.

First of all, he DID NOT just get loads of people to do some work. Not at all. He was actually born and raised as a foster child with a family who did not have much money to provide for him and his expensive college tuition at one of the best schools in the country. He pulled through that on his own. He started apple in a basement with a friend of his. No one was working for him at the time either. Its also because of him that we have a GUI and interesting fonts. Without a GUI like we use today, computers may not have ever really gone that mainstream. Look into his early life, thats where the innovation really happened. Of course it wouldnt when he is CEO of one of the most prominenet companies in the world, he was focusing on managing the company and accepting ideas, which any good CEO would do.
I'm not sure how I feel about STEVE JOBS.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by lushacrous
I'm not sure how I feel about STEVE JOBS.

Do you feel any particular way about sTeve jObs?

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
iMalsonotsure
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
He was a great businessman, but he was pretty much an asshole as a person.

-Had an illegitimate child with a girl and denied it until he was proven the father.
-Donated ZERO of his wealth to any philanthropic cause

He personally didn't invent the iPhone or iPod. Woz did so much more, Jobs was just the frontman.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by Emerge90

You're a ****ing idiot.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
You know whats funny about all the people saying the OP is jealous?

Hannah Montana fans do the same exact thing...

Quote by GibsonMan321

He personally didn't invent the iPhone or iPod. Woz did so much more, Jobs was just the frontman.

Pretty sure this is what the OP is getting at.
TS does not understand the false grandeur that is imposed upon a public figure at death. Ever notice how The Rev, Paul Grey and Cliff Burton are all massively praised and have all been called amazing and incredible musicians even though there are many more better players? Same shit is happening here.

And so what if he wasn't a visionary? He never claimed to be: other people said he was. What's happened is you've seen something on /b/ which has said this, and you've just copied the rage here.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Oct 15, 2011,
Quote by Emerge90

he could see the appeal of a GUI. It was already developed (to an extent) by Xerox, but they didn't want to do anything with it and were just going to let it go to waste. Jobs bought the rights to the project and employed the people responsible for it and today you're most likely using a derivative of that work.

He could see the appeal of the internet for the everyday person and so he and his team decided to make sure that it was easy to connect their computers to the internet. Microsoft followed this.

He could see the appeal of a small, simple to use portable music player with the capacity to carry a LOT of music.

It's easy to say that he didn't come up with any of these ideas himself, but given the fact that he was the CEO and decided what projects would go ahead etc. I'd say it's fair to call him a visionary. He could see the potential for new (and existing) technologies and could see what the consumer wants.

I think anything other than 'visionary' is inappropriate.

noun
a person of unusually keen foresight.

I'd say that's apt given the record of success he's had.

Not only with Apple computers and hardware, but with Pixar as well.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Let's not make an Steve Jobs jokes guys.

They're not PC.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Rumour has it that Steve Jobs isn't dead after all. As it turns out they were just holding him the wrong way.
His funeral certainly won't be a flash affair.

>_>
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
In all honesty, yeah, Steve Jobs isn't a god or anything. He was a great marketeer and a child labor enthusiast. Nobody gives enough love to Woz, the real Apple visionary.
Quote by due 07
Rumour has it that Steve Jobs isn't dead after all. As it turns out they were just holding him the wrong way.

Quote by Banjocal
TS does not understand the false grandeur that is imposed upon a public figure at death. Ever notice how The Rev, Paul Grey and Cliff Burton are all massively praised and have all been called amazing and incredible musicians even though there are many more better players? Same shit is happening here.

And so what if he wasn't a visionary? He never claimed to be: other people said he was. What's happened is you've seen something on /b/ which has said this, and you've just copied the rage here.

But Cliff was the best potato.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by FireHawk
If I remember right when he returned to Apple, as CEO in 1997 he brought them back from near bankruptcy?

Yeah... talentless... right

This, because he didnt invent the ipod doesn't mean he wasnt a visionary. You can be a visionary in a different aspect duh
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
I dunno what he invented, there were portable mp3 players and stuff before iPods came about but marketing wise I'd say he was a genius.
I'm gonna admit what most people here can't, and just say that I'm clueless about his history or accomplishments so I'm not gonna judge whether or not he's overrated.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I was more upset over one of the two men who invented C passing away last week.

http://www.slashgear.com/dennis-ritchie-dies-and-just-like-the-code-he-wrote-noone-notices-14188206/

C is in everything we use. Without it.. we wouldn't have computers as they are today.
He even wrote that book on C... which anyone who has ever programmed in c will know. The C Programming language which I had to read years back now as part of my course. This man had a more profound impact on my life then I'll ever know.

Yes it's tragic Steve Jobs is dead, and his death is more topical because he was in the public eye for apple constantly, but this man invented C... C!!!!!!!!!

He also worked on Unix too, something nearly every os today is based off of.

If there was ever a visionary the world lost it was him and what did we give him? A cold shoulder that's what.. good job world -_-
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Ice Master at Oct 15, 2011,
Page 1 of 2