Found one of these on my local Craigslist for $250. Did a few quick searches. They seem to be worth a lot more?

Anyone played one of these?

How hard to resell?

Thanks for any input.

EDIT* OH and its the 2x10 with eminence speakers. Not the 1x12
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
Last edited by bj_squeelie at Oct 15, 2011,
they suck for resale because most people don't dig on the tuck and roll.

very good sounding amps but are a bit vintage voiced generally.

they can pull off 80's type stuff but it depends on what you are going for.

the hellraiser in your sig makes me think it may not be for you. how do you have a 6505+112 head?

did you chop one up and make a head?

very cool amp though, i didn't know they made it in a 210 combo. probably heavy as feck but i bet it sounds good.

is it broken?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Yea I pulled the amp out of the combo and stuck it in a head, since the peavey speakers suck hard. But I just put it back in there cuz I'm selling the combo but want to keep my cab. Going for a carvin head I'm thinkin.

Yea not really my style of amp. Just thought I might make a quick buck if anything ha.
Plus it looked pretty cool.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
they are cool. if you wanted a nice blues and classic rock amp it's the shiz.

it's just not a br00tza-djenter.

maybe you could make a buck but if he's that low on it, there's a reason. maybe the poor economy, maybe it's effed up, maybe he's lowered it that far because nobody wants an amp that looks like a diner bench.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i liked the one i tried.

$250 sounds pretty good, but as greg says, resale mightn't be that great. I'm always wary about buying things to sell on, because there's no guarantee you'll make money on them. Different if you think you'd like it yourself, and then sell it later... but if you buy it meaning to sell from the get-go, it's a risk.

also, too-good-to-be-true adverts are also risky
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea ill pry end up passing but I thought I'd check.

actually the guy said he didnt really use it. He needs money to fix his car or something or other hah.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator
Yeah, resale sucks, but they're still fairly expensive amps if you were to buy one new, so if you plan on keeping it it's definitely a good deal.

I borrowed one for about a week, nice little amp if you dig vintage sounds, and I loved the reverb. The only thing I didn't like is the balance between the two channels. For an amp with one set of EQ controls I couldn't find a nice tonal balance, cleans were too bright, overdrives were too muddy, so I ended up re eqing each time I switched channels.
Yea that would bother me a lot. Pry not an amp for me then. Even at 1/4 the price.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
ICP Gstring Decimator