There's a thread about really awful gigs people have played but not one for the best. So here it is. I haven't played many gigs but I play at pubs at least twice a month. One time, a group of us played Sex Machine by James Brown, Bill Withers' Use Me and Hey Joe by Hendrix. We nailed all of them and everyone in the pub was just loving it. Then the next group of people came up and looked so lost and you could see on their faces it they were thinking "How the hell do we keep up with that?!" It was all unrehearsed. You just go up, say a song you know and play it. We all just gelled really well that day.

So, your best gigs?
York Best of the Bands 2007 I think it was.
Played in front of 1000 people here
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I have only played one "gig" in my life. It was me and another guitarist, with backing tracks, in front of 10 people. We played mostly classic/hard rock (AC/DC, Deep Purple, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Guns N' Roses, etc).

I would like to play proper gigs, but I don't have a band (no time, no people to play with in my small town).
i played in Crystal Mountain in front of 700 people one time. it was awesome. i'd show you guys the video, but i don't have it currently and don't think it's uploaded anywhere.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Probably my first,nothing went wrong,the band were shit hot and I never got the same buzz after a gig since then.
I went to the zoo the other day, there was only one dog in it, it was a shitzu.

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Playing with Born of Osiris. I've played to bigger crowds, but there's something really awesome about having a show with one of your favorite bands.
PM me for newts
Playing with my friends on drum and lead guitar in my dorm room last winter. Crowd of two but it was great.
Playing with In this Moment, it was really awesome being able to support that band when they came to my town
Maybe my first - played some Stevie Wonder in front of a crowd of 100 odd people in London.
My latest was the most fun I've had - me, saxaphonist, pianist/singer, bassist and drummer playing some jazz for four rotations of 200 people. I also accidentally played drums in front of a crowd for the first time.
Last edited by 100%guitarmad at Oct 15, 2011,