I am theopposite of Supersac, I perfer Fender acoustics, but its all really up to what you like! Go try them out and see what best fits your needs Good luck
I recommend the Ibanez, but you should definitely go play both and see which one you prefer like moose said! From my own experience the action on Ibanez acoustics are much nicer, but that may just be me.
The language of your links is a bit of a stumbling block, at least for me.

It would be interesting to have someone ring in comparing the relative merit of the two brand's electronics. Since after all these are acoustic electrics we're comparing.

Ibanez' guitars are well made, and generally have a good reserve of saddle height, so you can set the action exactly where you want it.

I prefer the narrower waist on the Ibanez model you've shown, as opposed to the standard dread naught shape of the Fender model.

All thing being equal, at this site, if you want a choice between Fender and Ibanez, someone will try to sell you on a Yamaha! Not condescending here, just stating a fact.

As was suggested earlier, you should listen to both guitars, plugged and unplugged.

The Ibanez instruments have great pickups and electronics, which makes them sort of "sleepers". Another poster recently stated something like, "I bought a used Ibanez for $150.00, unplugged it's garbage, but plugged into my amp, it's a bassy bear, and I take it on gigs with me"! You get the idea.
in person, i prefer the fender. both are all laminate, but the fender had more overtones and complexity, a hint of airy tone. unplugged the ibanez seemed so underwhelming to me that i never bothered to plug one in, though, so they could have better tone through an amp.

sound clips from the ibanez here
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_aeg8ebk.htm

sound clips from the fender here
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_cd60_ce_bk.htm

you can compare the unplugged and plugged in tones with these clips.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
@Captaincranky yep.. sorry bout the foreign language at those sites but thats the only place where i found both of them
Quote by patticake
i....[ ]...unplugged the ibanez seemed so underwhelming to me that i never bothered to plug one in, though, so they could have better tone through an amp.....[ ]....
You know, I have 2 Ibanez acoustic electrics, and a small modeling amp. I usually set and forget the guitar's preamp level and EQ, then just dial different amp models to suit my mood, and the current level of string deterioration. That said, I suppose which guitar and which amp together are a consideration. Well, and then there's the room. You could sell just about any plywood turd out of an empty gas station's repair bay.....

And again, with all that said, I may just have to dust off my Ibby ART100, and spring for an acoustic modeling pedal......

Quote by Kmil3991
@Captaincranky yep.. sorry bout the foreign language at those sites but thats the only place where i found both of them
Not at all a problem! What language was that anyway?

I tried searching the Ibanez website, but when I gave my location as the US, a search for that model number gave no results...
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 15, 2011,
Quote by Captaincranky
Not at all a problem! What language was that anyway?

that's a Polish website
You're gonna get all kinds of answers. Just play both and see which one you like most.
I prefer the Ibanez Acoustics though, I find the action on the fender acoustics to be a bit high and I'm particularly fond of their range of guitars.
Unplugged, either one.
Plugged in, Ibanez.

I don't know what electronics Fender uses in their AE's, but every time I've listened to an Ibanez with the Fishman electronics and a Fender with whatever they've got, when playing in my style (mostly fingerpicking folk and country), and to my taste, there was no comparison between them. I think the Ibanez guitars feel better, and I think they have far, far better sound when amplified. For these tests, I used the same amplifiers and played the same songs. Even the clerk at the shop was blown away by hearing them side-by-side like that because the Ibanez' sound was that much better.

It's just my opinion, submitted for what it's worth.
Quote by Zurf
Unplugged, either one.
Plugged in, Ibanez.

I don't know what electronics Fender uses in their AE's, but every time I've listened to an Ibanez with the Fishman electronics and a Fender with whatever they've got, when playing in my style (mostly fingerpicking folk and country), and to my taste, there was no comparison between them. I think the Ibanez guitars feel better, and I think they have far, far better sound when amplified. For these tests, I used the same amplifiers and played the same songs. Even the clerk at the shop was blown away by hearing them side-by-side like that because the Ibanez' sound was that much better.

Not only that, but the Fishman electronics are powered with 2 AA batteries, instead of the expensive 9 volts. You can always get a deal on AA's, not as often on 9 V.

Ibanez' step up models have B-Band pickups, and what they're calling, "SST" preamps. These have built it chorus, and are possibly even a bit better than the Fishman setup.

Unfortunately, they're 9 Volt operation, one supposes because of the FX.
buy them both, and trade them in for a yamaha. there , said it(sometimes wonder if this is a yamaha owned website). i haven't had a fender in quite a while( 6 ovations..owned by fender does that count?)i really liked the few ibanez' that i've played even with the laminate tops.
Quote by stepchildusmc
buy them both, and trade them in for a yamaha. there , said it(sometimes wonder if this is a yamaha owned website). i haven't had a fender in quite a while( 6 ovations..owned by fender does that count?)i really liked the few ibanez' that i've played even with the laminate tops.
You should have used a partial quote of my earlier post about this. Methinks it would have made this post even funnier. (Not that it isn't funny, but a quote would have given that, "look out, incoming" feel).....
he's asking a guy(me) that truly believes that aliens are leaving secret encrypted messages in his bellybutton lint( they are ...truly,, i'm very close to cracking the code) what kind of guitar he should buy.....incredible! might as well be asking his toaster!
Quote by stepchildusmc
he's asking a guy(me) that truly believes that aliens are leaving secret encrypted messages in his bellybutton lint( they are ...truly,, i'm very close to cracking the code) what kind of guitar he should buy.....incredible! might as well be asking his toaster!
A-H-A-M-A-Y...! There, I've cracked the code for you! Now shall we get on with which guitar to buy?

If you'd have looked at your bellybutton in the mirror, you'd have figured that out for yourself!
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 16, 2011,
i visited the music shop today, played both of them and decided on Ibanez, thanks for help everyone, topic's closed :]
Best of luck with it, and you're welcome.

As a side note, I went to Ibanez' website, and told them I was in Poland. I thought I could find the model you were interested in. I indeed did find it! All of that notwithstanding, the Ibanez "Polish" website, displayed in English..!

Not sure what I did "wrong"....