Any suggestions on how to improve the mix?

I'm using Logic Pro 9 (its a friend's copy) , this is for my band's demo

We're using really cheap equipment cause we have no $$$

Drums: i have a blue snowball mic i just placed directly in front of the drums, i know thats not the best way to do it, but...

Guitar/Bass: used a really shitty Behringer guitar link usb that i just plugged into my guitar, i tried to mic my amp (fender frontman 212r) but couldn't get it to sound right, same with bass, then used logic presets old school punk and rock stack bass
(A huge problem i'm having is mixing in the bass)

Vocals: blue snowball again,

the only other mics i have are 30 buck audio technicas, anyway i could use those and get a good/better quality, id also like to get a less polished sound, idk it sounds overproduced

help?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36146429/Output%201-2.mp3

thanks!
ps. sorry if this whole post pisses you guys off, like i said, i don't have the equipment or $
Last edited by augiemarchese at Oct 16, 2011,
You need to copy the public link from drop box.

And this isn't what you want to hear, but crap in is crap out. Can't really help till we can hear the clip tho!
Last edited by Odirunn at Oct 15, 2011,
Quote by Odirunn
You need to copy the public link from drop box.

And this isn't what you want to hear, but crap in is crap out. Can't really help till we can hear the clip tho!

+1,

I'm also confused as to why you spent $500 on recording software, but <$200 on cheap recording gear. Seems a bit wonky to me
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Demo is always a demo. As long as you can hear what the songs sound like then it shouldn't matter.

Unless you're gonna use it to book gigs, in which case you probably want something that'll give a good impression of your live performance.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Honestly, that sounds pretty good for the gear you used to record. Much better than most I've heard from people who have much more respectable setups
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I could work on it for you if you send me the logic file, I'm very good with logic and production and I'd love to
It lacks alot of punch, drums don't sound tooo bad, you might be able to save them. Compress the guitars with a quick attack, and a medium(.182 ms) release, will bring them out more, same with the bass guitar, and you might as well compress the drums to bring them out a little more...

Your vocals actually sound quite good, I'd leave them as is.