what I am trying to do with my les paul custom, is wire ribbon wirre pin connectors, much like what you find on circuit boards. I can easily provide pictures if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

My plan is to solder the conector to the volume pots, where normal pickups would connect, and then convert the ends of all my pickups to the other half of the connector. That way when I wanna switch pickups, its literally as easy as unscrewing pickup and backplate, running wire throigh guitar, and then ssnapping the quick connectors together, and bam, new pickups with no soldering.

This biggest problem is I'm trying to figure out a way where I can accomodate all humbucking pickup types (2 lead, 3 lead, 4 lead ect)

Suggestions/schematics would greatly be appreciated. Thanks everyone
LYRICS. WASTED TIME BETWEEN SOLOS

l
Yep! That's exactly what I'm trying to do. How has it worked for you? Looks like that's done on a strat-style guitar. I love the idea of doing it on a les paul, much easier to swap pups no pickguard to work out.

Is yours setup to accomodate for multiple lead pickups?

l
Lol now I see that bottom pic is a non pickguard guitar. -_-

l
And does it accomodate different-lead pickup types?

l
Ok good point. Have anny suggestion for me? I have some 3 lead pickups that I would like to accomodate for. (Red,white,bare)

l
Well, I'd start with a 5 pin connector for your 4 conductor wire, and run the wires you normally would to your switch and pot, and the rest to the push pull pot. If you take the push pull pot out, you can just bridge the pins for your coil split, if you have only 3 wires, then you just run the wires for them to their appropriate places, since you already have your hot, negative, and ground leads set up on your 5 pin connector.

Either way, every time you change pickups, you'll have to solder on a new 5 pin connector, it's just you can choose where your leads go.
Ya I am using 5pins

Sorry I prbably didn't explain. I'm not planning to do any coil splitting or tapping. I don't have any push pull pots. So I guess all I really need to do is accomodate for my 3 lead jackson/charvel pickups. (Red,white,bare)

l