One day while playing I noticed that the height screw for my neck pickup was missing.

Somehow I managed to find the screw but I can't seem to get it back in. The screw fits perfecly and so does the screwdriver but whenever I turn it It just won't go in. Is there any reason as to why this would happen? Could there be something else related to the pickups thats preventing the screw from sinking in?

Heres a picture of the screw when its in the guitar.

Also another question that is on a seperate topic.

Whenever I bend a string on my guitar it causes the other strings to go flat but when the string goes back down the other strings go back to normal tuning. and it's been like this for a long time. If anyone has a solution to this please let me know.

My guitar is a Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR and the pickups are Schecter Diamond Pickups.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.
Last edited by dannydawiz at Oct 15, 2011,
Picture fail...Anyways, there's a spring inbetween the pickup and the pickguard/body to put pressure on the pickup so it don't bounce around after you adjust it. You're going to have to remove the pickguard/pickup to find the spring, and put it back in line with the pickup and body/pickguard.

It's most likely stuck to the bottom of the pickup, since it is a magnet, hence why you don't hear it rattling around.
^trololololol

Pictures (or computers, for that matter) don't work like that. If they did I would have just been in your computers directory, and then been able to do whatever I wanted to it.

Upload them to an image sharing website and then try it.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
^trololololol

Pictures (or computers, for that matter) don't work like that. If they did I would have just been in your computers directory, and then been able to do whatever I wanted to it.

Upload them to an image sharing website and then try it.

I see I apologize for making myself look like a fool. Ill do that right now and once again sorry.
Quote by dannydawiz
I see I apologize for making myself look like a fool. Ill do that right now and once again sorry.

Its all good.

Post them to the web site, get the URL of it, and paste it inbetween (Invalid img)
Where's Waldo?
Quote by dannydawiz
Paste the picture link into the address bar and it should work.

Thanks! So I'm going to have to take off the whole pickup. Once I've found the spring how do you put it back in line with the pickup?

You just put the spring inbetween the pickup mount, and the screw head, you'll figure it out once you get it all apart.
Quote by Pac_man0123

That was exactly what I needed! Thanks so much for the video it was very straightforward and an excellent tutorial. As soon as I get back from my next competition im definitey going to come back and use this as a reference.

Best Regards!
as for the string bending issue, because you have a Floyd Rose bridge, it's working off tension balance. when you bend a string, you're applying tension. this will cause the springs and the other strings to compensate for the shift in tension, which is why when you bend a string, the others will go flat. also why double-stop bends are so annoying on guitars with trems.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"