anybody use this stuff? its kind of a double edged sword for me. I have sweaty palm syndrome so i go thru strings in less than 2 days of normal playing. Afterwards the strings become very rough and sliding is really slow. With the tone ease it lets me slide MUCH MUCH faster and actually makes the strings feel new but not sound new. I really really like this stuff BUT it makes my hands even sweatier than before to the point where i have to wipe my hands between playing.

Any one else have any experience with this stuff?
Use GHS fast fret, you wipe it only on the strings it is not a spray can.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Use GHS fast fret, you wipe it only on the strings it is not a spray can.

i actually ordered some online from guitarcenter as they have their $20 off of 100 thing going on right now, i'll see how it is when it comes in.
strings in 2 days... seriously?

my strings last until one snaps... usually a month to 6 weeks at LEAST

and i play for a couple of hrs a day... ok so i have like 5 guitars but shh.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
strings in 2 days... seriously?

my strings last until one snaps... usually a month to 6 weeks at LEAST

and i play for a couple of hrs a day... ok so i have like 5 guitars but shh.

thats right 4 days max, i can use coated strings and they truly do last 3x as longer but again they do cost 3x as much as well... so why bother?
Last edited by zamanakhan at Oct 15, 2011,
When I've played outdoor gigs under an Aussie sun I keep a rag handy, like hanging off my mike stand, and just wipe the sweat off regularly. My hands sweat quite a bit under normal conditions but some outdoor gigs can be brutal.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
When I've played outdoor gigs under an Aussie sun I keep a rag handy, like hanging off my mike stand, and just wipe the sweat off regularly. My hands sweat quite a bit under normal conditions but some outdoor gigs can be brutal.

I wipe off the guitar, doesnt make a diffrence to the strings if i wipe or not but less finger cheese on the fret board.
You wipe the sweat off your fingers too. Stop it at the source.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
yeah wipe your hands and strings frequently... use coated strings. I thought I went through strings fast.... 3-4 days!? Holy hell. A set of ernie ball slinkies generally will last me a couple weeks before they get crusty and funky, but I started using elixirs and they last a LOT longer for me. Double the money, but for me they last at least 4X as long. I think I've had the same set on my Carvin for about 6 months now, and they are just starting to sound kinda dead.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Like Cathbard, I also keep a towel handy on stage as stage lights turn me into a sweaty b**tard. At home it isn't so much of an issue, but I'll generally put a fresh set of strings on a day before a gig and bin them afterwards, it gets that bad.
Last show I played a couple of weekends ago, I could actually see the water dripping off the bottom bout of my Jazzmaster. I also had a tune-o-matic bridge corrode so bad on my old Les Paul that it basically collapsed lol.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!