Whatup dudes,

I'm looking into the Ibanez S7420. I think, based on plenty I have read last week, that the style I play will be great with this guitar (mellow + heavy + effects; like Porcupine Tree).

What's your opinion on my possible first 7-string? Will it be good with the A, D, G, C, F, A, D tuning?

THANKS!
I have mine in drop A, it's all good. Might want to look at the RGD7320/7321 aswell

Trem is pretty stable, though I blocked mine to make tuning a lot less hassle.

Also, the pickups are terrible, you'll need to replace them
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
I have mine in drop A, it's all good. Might want to look at the RGD7320/7321 aswell

Trem is pretty stable, though I blocked mine to make tuning a lot less hassle.

Also, the pickups are terrible, you'll need to replace them

Haven't thought of the RGDs yet. Thinking of the S model because there is a 12-month pruchase plane @ American Musical and the S is the only one that falls on this plan. Not worrying too much about it as I rather buy what I think it's best.

Quality is what I'm looking for and great sound. What's the best? I assume the S since you have one!
Quote by elliumeffect
$599 - $799 more or less.

If you want a guitar with pickups that are usable out of the box, I can recommend the Schecter Loomis, that is, if you are not heavily biased against EMG.

You can find that one used for well in your budget, otherwise the Ibanez S is a good guitar, if you change the pickups.
buy my 7420 for like $350..

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Blargaha
If you want a guitar with pickups that are usable out of the box, I can recommend the Schecter Loomis, that is, if you are not heavily biased against EMG.

You can find that one used for well in your budget, otherwise the Ibanez S is a good guitar, if you change the pickups.

Would you say to buy the S and get new pick ups better than buying the Loomis? So far I see the S is a great choice for what I want; it's just not good pickup wise.