Page 1 of 3
The way I see it is if you have a professional career within the music industry - one that relies on sales to sustain itself, then you've been hurt by the internet. The negatives have far outweighed the positives. If you're a hobbyist or 'amateur' and simply doing music for the love of it (bless you) then it's pretty much all good.

Discuss my fellow Pit Dwellers
For the record industries and those looking to make massive profits off their music through them, hurt. For everyone else, helped, definately.
more music is more accesible to more people. That means they can find songs they feel which results in more interest in music. Helped.
Hurt the industry.
Helped the music.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
What about the overall copyright and illegal downloading aspects with CD sales etc
Quote by Dayn
Hurt the industry.
Helped the music.

As we can clearly see by the amazing upturn in the quality of music over the last ten years.
Quote by TheChaz
As we can clearly see by the amazing upturn in the quality of music over the last ten years.

The last decade has been the best.
Quote by due 07
The last decade has been the best.

trollolololololol
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Hurt sales, and the 'profit' of being in music. Helped independent and smaller bands become well known. Also helped musicians like us, who wanna play guitar but dont want to spend all their money on tab books
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
^why dont you start to learn things by ear, at least you recognise the whole song alot quicker and are more likely to improve you improvisation and aural skills
Quote by Bloodavian
^why dont you start to learn things by ear, at least you recognise the whole song alot quicker and are more likely to improve you improvisation and aural skills

I learn things by ear now for when I want to play a song well and know it inside out, but if I just want to pick up something quick to help out a friend or something, I'm just gonna use a tab.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Except, you know, he's serious, and I agree with him.

Couldn't tell. I don't.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
trollolololololol

I know what you're thinking - "But due, Loveless and In the Aeroplane Over the Sea didn't come out last decade!" Well, those are what we in the music-listening industry call outliers. They're the exceptions, not the rule.

Unless you're the kind of kid that's going to go buy a t-shirt with a shitty dad rock album cover on it tomorrow instead of getting a haircut. In that case, forget what I'm saying; it's too culturally relevant for you.
Quote by due 07
I know what you're thinking - "But due, Loveless and In the Aeroplane Over the Sea didn't come out last decade!" Well, those are what we in the music-listening industry call outliers. They're the exceptions, not the rule.

Unless you're the kind of kid that's going to go buy a t-shirt with a shitty dad rock album cover on it tomorrow instead of getting a haircut. In that case, forget what I'm saying; it's too culturally relevant for you.

Dad rock > You.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Well since Jeff Mangum is like 45 now, I gotta agree with you.

Hey Genghis, since we're on the subject of the internet and music, where do you get/download (legal) mixtapes?
you're a stone fox
^ I'm pretty sure mixtapes are always legal to download, regardless of where you get them from.

Quote by Zoot Allures
Dad rock > You.

Oh Zoot.
Quote by Saint78
Hey Genghis, since we're on the subject of the internet and music, where do you get/download (legal) mixtapes?

http://www.datpiff.com/profile/LilBtheBasedGod

Though most "official" mixtape release sites are a pain in the ass to access (you have to give an email for a lot of them,) so I usually just mediafire them. Datpiff is a good site though.
Quote by genghisgandhi
http://www.datpiff.com/profile/LilBtheBasedGod

Though most "official" mixtape release sites are a pain in the ass to access (you have to give an email for a lot of them,) so I usually just mediafire them. Datpiff is a good site though.

I only asked cause I was getting a Hyperaptive tape on here and it's not working for me I'll keep trying.
you're a stone fox
Helped music. I don't give a **** about the industry
My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 3