I'm looking into a Baritone guitar since I like to tune down a lot. I don't want a seven just a baritone. I'd tune it to drop Bb/A# and Drop A. Probably a bit lower also. I play mainly hard rock/metal like Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Stone Sour, RED, etc.

What are some good Baritone guitars to get? I was looking into a Mike Mushok PRS but I can't find one anywhere.

Thanks!
Quote by its_alive
It's just like breaking up with a girl.
Explain that you'd really love to help take care of the baby, but you have to move to South Africa.
I came in here to suggest the Mike Mushok lol.

Never played one though. So yeah... no help there.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
i think danelectro have a pretty good one.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Pac_man0123
What's your budget and where are you located? What do you like/dislike about guitars?

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Im waiting for Robb Flynn of Machine Head's baritone to come out this month
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
Quote by Pac_man0123
What's your budget and where are you located? What do you like/dislike about guitars?

Budget is $900 and I'm in Dallas TX. I'd want whatever could handle those tunings and has a Dark, Heavy tone to it, but has some good cleans.
Quote by its_alive
Explain that you'd really love to help take care of the baby, but you have to move to South Africa.
This is an incredibly good deal http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-ESP-LTD-VP-400-Baritone-Electric-Guitar-/190586511506?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c5fd76092

Depends on how many people are watching it of course.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
This is an incredibly good deal http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-ESP-LTD-VP-400-Baritone-Electric-Guitar-/190586511506?pt=Guitar&hash=item2c5fd76092

Depends on how many people are watching it of course.

goddamn that long neck is ugly.....
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by cemges
Baritone guitar means wit scale 27'' right? Hmm, why do you want one

are you serious? he already said, he want's to tune down low, and doesn't want to get a 7.

TS: I'd say go with the PRS, but Rondo has some nice 6 string baritones, should check them out.

EDIT: ^^^ are you for real? It's only an added inch and a half to most necks.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Oct 16, 2011,
Quote by Tango616
are you serious? he already said, he want's to tune down low, and doesn't want to get a 7.

TS: I'd say go with the PRS, but Rondo has some nice 6 string baritones, should check them out.

dude, idk, it just looks really long and unproportionate
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Thanks guy but I'm not into the SG looking body. I thank I might go with the PRS though.
Quote by its_alive
I would actually have to say +1 to Agile in this case (that's almost like committing high treason in my book haha). I have a friend who had a guy living in his house who owned one of the 6 string baritones and it was a pretty solid guitar and not very expensive.
Quote by Pac_man0123
I would actually have to say +1 to Agile in this case (that's almost like committing high treason in my book haha). I have a friend who had a guy living in his house who owned one of the 6 string baritones and it was a pretty solid guitar and not very expensive.

Yeah I rather have a 6 string. There is nothing wrong with 7 but they're just not for me haha.
Quote by its_alive
Gibson Limited Run Explorer Baritone Electric Guitar. a little out of your price range but i wouldn't mind one of these.
Quote by socalguitar
Gibson Limited Run Explorer Baritone Electric Guitar. a little out of your price range but i wouldn't mind one of these.

that or a baritone LP studio i hear about. dont know when they will be out though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Pac_man0123
Buckethead signature studio? It's a baritone.

yes and no.

yes- bucketheads is a baritone

no - i read somewhere that it was a baritone LP studio. it even had active pickups from gibson in it IIRC.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The LP studio baritone has been out for a while. They’re getting good reviews, but at $1350 it’s out of the OPs price range.
Yeah I can only do $900 unfortunately
Quote by its_alive
Quote by Tango616
A lot of electrics are 24.75 inch scale, so going to 27.00 is really over 2.25 inches. Give or take, not trying to cause any serious contention here.
Multiple of the bands I have done road and studio work for use that PRS. I LOVE IT! I want one
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Quote by Captaincranky
A lot of electrics are 24.75 inch scale, so going to 27.00 is really over 2.25 inches. Give or take, not trying to cause any serious contention here.

Yeah, a lot of them do, HOWEVER, MOST OF THEM ARE 25.5", even if they all WERE 24.75" that's STILL only 2.15 inches, that's only about as wide as your knuckles across.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Yeah, a lot of them do, HOWEVER, MOST OF THEM ARE 25.5", even if they all WERE 24.75" that's STILL only 2.15 inches, that's only about as wide as your knuckles across.

The difference from 24.75-27 isn't much but it is felt, especially if you have smaller hands. Although I do agree that it's ridiculous to say no to a 27" because of that. You get used to it and then you don't even feel it
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more