First off, I've never been someone who knows too much about gear whatsoever (today was actually the first time I rigged pedals up, and I needed help to do it, hahaha).

Anyways, I recently purchased an Axe FX II and have been using it at home for various purposes direct. Now though, I'm going to be gigging soon and do not own my own head, cab, power amp, or really any live equipment.

For now I have unlimited access to my vocalists cheap Marshall cab, until I purchase one of my own, but nonetheless still no head or anything to run the Axe FX through available.

I've decided that I would most likely prefer to run the Axe FX through a power amp then the cab, rather than through a head and through a cab or through a head + cab without the Axe FX.

I really know nothing of power amps, which are good, or who even makes them though. I've looked at Atomic's (also from Fractal (under a different name) who make the Axe FX) newish Reactor 50/50 Rackmount Stereo Power Amp (http://www.atomicamps.com/products.htm), but I can't find much feedback from customers online anywhere, and if possible that I could get something about as good for a bit cheaper, it'd be nice, though my budget could go to what the Atomic one costs.

I don't know if genre is too important when it comes to power amps, but it is mostly metal stuff, metalcore-ish (not in a completely terrible way, I swear.). There will be clean bits needed as well.

The gigs will be mostly smaller for now, given we haven't even played our first show yet.

Budget is ideally around 600 dollars, but like I said, depending on the quality I will get I can go up to around 900.

Thanks for any help/suggestions, and feel free to ask any more info, I'll be glad to answer.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
you still need a cab to run a power amp.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Just get a powered PA speaker. It has a built in power amp and speakers that will more accurately represent your tone then guitar speakers because of the cab simulation in the Axe.
A few examples:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HD1221/ <--- Read the first review of this one especially
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PRX612M/
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/K12/
Last edited by sghunter182 at Oct 16, 2011,
QSC K12 PA all day!
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Get a PA. Your vocalist can use it as well.

Much easier than running power conditioner->axe-fx->2/50/2 or carvin or whatever->cab
modes are a social construct
Quote by AcousticMirror
you still need a cab to run a power amp.

I stated I have access to a cab currently for an unlimited amount of time, though not a great one. I plan on getting my own still eventually of course.

Also, was considering PA's as well, any specific suggestions and all again on that would be great, going to check the ones people did suggest.

Also, how does rigging up a PA and all work? haha. Again, I am completely clueless on these things.
Arms Of Empire
^ ^ ^ Band I am involved in ^ ^ ^
Please check it out? ;D

Axe FX II + EBMM JP6 + Jackson DK2S
Buy a nice combo amp with an effects loop. Run Axe-FX through that.

Kills 2 birds with one stone.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by BigBigWater
I stated I have access to a cab currently for an unlimited amount of time, though not a great one. I plan on getting my own still eventually of course.

Also, was considering PA's as well, any specific suggestions and all again on that would be great, going to check the ones people did suggest.

Also, how does rigging up a PA and all work? haha. Again, I am completely clueless on these things.

You plug the output of the Axe into the input of the PA speaker. That's it.