So ive been playing for almost a year now. Im not great but im picking up decently anyways ive got a strat with a 15r frontman amp and ive been considering new pickups or a new amp. I dont want to spend a whole lot. My thougjts have come to a fender mustang amp and a humbucker in the strat. I like the more clean warm bluesy sounding stuff.
Fender strat
Frontman 15r
Crybaby wah
Jamman solo

Martin sigma
Lace acoustic pickup
New amp.

Budget?

New/Used?

Closest city/where do you live?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Intend on new products live in louisville kentucky i just play at home i kinda wanted a tube amp but the mustang was more in my price range.. Like to stay under two hundred. I could go new pickups n save for an amp if thats what need to dothough.
Fender strat
Frontman 15r
Crybaby wah
Jamman solo

Martin sigma
Lace acoustic pickup
If you could save an extra $100 or so, you could get a peavey classic, an excellent blues amp. With a good amp i see no reason why the strat shouldn't get you where you want to go.
Jus cause i dont know enough about stuff to know if im getting jipped or not. Ive played the mustang and can trade my amp in for that for $70. I really liked all it had to offer. Any downfalls to it? Anything about the humbuckers? Seems like theres not mich difference in my pickups id like that humbucker to swirh things up a little n get deep
Fender strat
Frontman 15r
Crybaby wah
Jamman solo

Martin sigma
Lace acoustic pickup
Which mustang is it?

Get a small valve amp and a multi-fx if you want some versatility.

Amps:
Bugera V5
Fender Blues Junior
Peavey Classic 30
Vox Night Train

Effects:
Digitech RP350
Pod HD300

Save your money and buy those, don't bother stepping up to another SS amp.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Had the bugera in mind only 197$ but they didnt have one when i went to look. My strats a mezican idk that it makes much diffwremce ive seen people saying different things about their quality Of pups n such
Fender strat
Frontman 15r
Crybaby wah
Jamman solo

Martin sigma
Lace acoustic pickup
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
My bad thought i said it.. The 20v 1x8 its got presets on it and a usb to loadas many as i want so itd be like an fx pedal in itself essentially.
Fender strat
Frontman 15r
Crybaby wah
Jamman solo

Martin sigma
Lace acoustic pickup
The 20s go for something like $99 in the US don't they? Not much of a deal if you ask me. It won't be much of an upgrade.

Save your money, buy one of those amps and one of the multi-fx pedals. Much bigger step up than the Mustang.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
I can get it for $70 with a trade in of the frontman.. Whats your setup and what style do you play jus for a little taste compare
Fender strat
Frontman 15r
Crybaby wah
Jamman solo

Martin sigma
Lace acoustic pickup
Look at my profile if you wanna see my gear.

Just save up your money. It's the best thing you can do.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
If you really like the Mustang, go for it. It sounds like your mind is pretty made up.

I'd recommend it actually. Modelers are an important step for players to really find out what tones they like.

Just don't forget about the other contenders - the Vox VT and the Peavey Vypyr.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The only problem with the Mustang is you can't control the effects on the fly as well as you could with a good MFX pedal (by good I mean top of the line: HD 500, GNX4, etc). Of course you can always get one of those later.

As for the pickups, those should be OK for what you're doing. I'd only change them if you want to play metal and need the "chug chug" sound. Or down the road if you get really serious and get a tube amp where you can really here the difference.
you want this.

champ 600.

it costs less than the mustang and pick ups.

and it's tube and does clean great.

crank it up and it does dirty great.

then decide if you need a new pick up.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I'm with Gregs on this one. Get yourself a Fender Champion and a Multi-FX. Playing your relatively good guitar (Fender Standards are no slouches) through a slightly less mediocre amp like the Mustang won't get you what you're looking for.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray