I'm a total noob with Guitar Pro (and the guitar tbh). I purchased Guitar Pro because it appeared to be a great way to download tabs that I could play along with. However I have downloaded several tabs now (such as Tool, Soundgarden, etc..) and there is no sound. Atleast not for the guitar, a couple of them have drum beats, and one of them has drums and the bass..but none of them have guitar. Did I spend 60 bucks for nothing or is there something I'm just not understanding? Please help!
Sounds like you're having a problem with the RSE. Check the audio settings.
IDK about GP6 but in 5 it's under options.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
i can turn the RSE off and listen to MIDI.. but i coulda used powertab for free to listen to MIDI. I was thinking maybe I needed to buy the electric modern soundbank? I dont wanna do that if that isnt the problem though.
ok so i got impatient and purchased the electic modern soundbank.. If anyone else out there is a noob like me and running in to this problem with alt/metal tabs, thats how you fix it.
Quote by Jadestem
i can turn the RSE off and listen to MIDI.. but i coulda used powertab for free to listen to MIDI. I was thinking maybe I needed to buy the electric modern soundbank? I dont wanna do that if that isnt the problem though.

Turn it off then? Guitar Pro is better than powertab, MIDI or not.
If I remember correctly you need to download and install the RSE instruments separately. I bet if you go the GP site and do that you should be fine. If you already have them installed it may be that people are using a newer versions than you have on your disk (assuming you bought it on a disk). In any case that's the first thing I would try.