I bought a 300 fm viper and there was mahor fret buzz and nut buzz i had it prifessionally set up at a restoration fret shop and they said it was (ok ) set up . Even after said frets were off etc even but what i hate is they had to raise the action so high to compebsate for the buzz that i hate it ! Plus there is a line whete thr finish meets the neck thay pisses me iff it lT looks like glue ! They all say Oh well ur 600 dollar guitar is cheap sO expect this ! ??? Im like wtf ??? What should i do ? Return this viper get a new One ? Go in a diff direction? Something about it screams cheap ! I was at gc and played the m 300 fm and everything was tight w no lines ??? What should i do ? If i lower the action it sounds like shit and i haye high action! Im thinking of stepping uo to the hellraiser c 1 w floy rise ! But i prefer the vioer shape in my arms ! I appreciate ur inputs ! Thanks !
redo so people can understand or at least want to read.
Spelling and grammer awful.
It looks like a giant run-on sentence. All a person has to do is look at it and not want to read it.
If you're not happy with it and you can return it, then that's what I"d do. There's no sense in keeping a guitar you are unhappy with.

Also, how much are you willing to spend on a different guitar, because there are probably better brands and models in your price range that you don't know about.
Quote by W4RP1G
If you're not happy with it and you can return it, then that's what I"d do. There's no sense in keeping a guitar you are unhappy with.

+1

However, do keep in mind that guitars like these tend to be different from one to another. Try another one of them - might be that the one you've got now is just flawed.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Sorry to tell you, but $600 is relatively cheap. Guitar is a very expensive hobby. When I first started playing, my dream guitar was $450. I got that guitar a few years ago. My dream guitar now is $3700.

Also, I really hope that "line" you're talking about isn't the set neck joint. Lol
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
For $600 he can get a great guitar used. Hell, theres an Ibanes RG3120 at my local GC for $600 in mint condition. Its a pretty amazing guitar.
Well yes, of course. I meant new. And also, I meant relatively, as always. For $600, you're almost never going to get a new MIJ or MIA guitar. You used to be able to get some good MIK guitars, but times have changed. Especially with LTD. Back in the day, you could get an MIK guitar for $600 (like my H-301), but now everything is MIC. Cutting production costs to maximize profits and what not. But meh.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Oct 16, 2011,
Simplify ( lots of fret buzz, pro set up had to raise action to stop buzz . SOmething just seems
Off. I love the feel of the viper it seems heavy and solid but the playablity is just not what i imagined i had a schecter she devil and never had these priblems ( same price ). So thay being said i only play w distortion . Besides viper , what do u think about c1 hellraiser ? I played it at gc and it felt lighter and cheaper than viper .
I guess i gotta return but there out of stock the 300 fm for awhile , what about jackson x series ? What do those passive pick ups offer ? I was also considering an ebay korean viper as they seem
Less cheap vs chinese ?
If you buy a schecter, any schecter, go used. They are everywhere used and cheap.

Korean will usually be better than chinese, so going korean would be ideal. Japanese is better than korean though. My suggestion, try to get a jackson dkmg used for around $400 if you want a good guitar with active pickups. even better, get a DKMGT and not mess with the floyd.
This sucks i love this viper its just not working ! I dont want a used guitar unless it was a bad ass signature series which is still to much i notice schecyers are like taco bell! Everywhere ! Maybe just go viper 300fm and aim
For a new one ? Ok what about the kirk hammet esp stuff?
It sounds almost like the neck pocket it at the wrong angle.

Take it back and get something else.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
well they are out of stock of the 300 fms! So what i decided to do was return it and return my nice hardshell case to compensate for the price increase and i decided to get the Deluxe 1000 viper , I hope its much better? if not i can wait and return it back for another 300 fm. I hope i feel a difference! but i am out 65 bucks for my original setup
im not so looking forward to the black nickel color as i imagine its a bitch to keep clean and finger oil free! i did like the cherry stripped on the 300 fm! but o well cant wait for the deluxe! 1000