Hey UG,
I've got a serious guitar rhythm crisis right here.
There is a song I am going to play for my VCE solo performance but the starting rhythm has cause me and others problems.

The song is The End Of Nothing by Funeral Of A Friend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icocB7k-alY

I've put a guitar pro 5 file in the post. The first rhythm is the one you will find on the post at UG and the second is the one I created but it may be slightly off. I've also divided them by 8 crotchets so don't be alarmed.

please help guys and don't forget to post your version!
You already made this thread bro. Lucky I was here to tell you, or you would never have known.
Quote by Grimwade
I've also divided them by 8 crotchets so don't be alarmed.

oh thank god i don't know what i would have done other wise!
Quote by devourke
You already made this thread bro. Lucky I was here to tell you, or you would never have known.

**** you!
Quote by Grimwade
Hey UG,
I've got a serious guitar rhythm crisis right here.
There is a song I am going to play for my VCE solo performance but the starting rhythm has cause me and others problems.

Solution: Learn a better song.
Quote by Poglia
It's not that hard, just practice it at slow speed.

Do you know which Rhythm is the correct one?
That would help so much man
Quote by Poglia
It's not that hard, just practice it at slow speed.

Listen to this guy. He knows his shit.
I pretend to write songs.

If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright
Because I believe that after we're gone
The spirit carries on
Quote by Xero127
Listen to this guy. He knows his shit.

Can you look at the guitar pro file I've uploaded and tell me which rhythm i should play?
Quote by Grimwade
Can you look at the guitar pro file I've uploaded and tell me which rhythm i should play?
I would, but I don't see any Guitar Pro file on your post.
i have a question grimwade

do you have to play along to the music or can you play it without the music?
Quote by Lulzcifer
i have a question grimwade

do you have to play along to the music or can you play it without the music?

I can do either.
Quote by SG_dave
That's not even a difficult rhythm.

Yeah thats what i think but my guitar teacher has a different perspective of it.
Check the guitar pro file im gunna upload.
Quote by Lulzcifer
if the teacher isn't too familiar with the song just play it however you want?

Actually I will need to play too a version of the song without lead guitar.
To score better points.
Sorry I thought you were talking about playing in general, not the actual program.
Quote by devourke
Bro, chill.

Lol I'll chill mate, this is part VCE program.
Check out the GP tab I've uploaded in my 2nd last post, help a cracker out.
Quote by Grimwade
Heres the file guys, sorry forgot to upload before
Wait, do you have a problem playing that riff? It's the easiest part of the song. I would just use this tab:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/f/funeral_for_a_friend/end_of_nothing_ver3_guitar_pro.htm

Play track 1 or 2. Start at 100 BPM, then move to 110 when you can play it cleanly, then 120, 130, etc, until you can play it at full speed. Remember: most riffs are downpicked, but the part you posted is galloped.
Quote by Poglia
Wait, do you have a problem playing that riff? It's the easiest part of the song. I would just use this tab:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/f/funeral_for_a_friend/end_of_nothing_ver3_guitar_pro.htm

Play track 1 or 2. Start at 100 BPM, then move to 110 when you can play it cleanly, then 120, 130, etc, until you can play it at full speed. Remember: most riffs are downpicked, but the part you posted is galloped.

No my problem is that tab is the incorrect rhythm, is you listen carefully to the song, preferable with headphones it does not sound like that. I thought it was that as well but then me and my guitar teacher listened to it carefully.
Quote by Grimwade
Lol I'll chill mate, this is part VCE program.
Check out the GP tab I've uploaded in my 2nd last post, help a cracker out.

Chill bro, I've got an audition for University tomorrow and I'm just chilling watching the Rugby. It's all good brah.
Quote by Grimwade
No my problem is that tab is the incorrect rhythm, is you listen carefully to the song, preferable with headphones it does not sound like that. I thought it was that as well but then me and my guitar teacher listened to it carefully.
I'll give you a present in a second.
You deserve the title of "Rhythm Guitarist" underneath your name haha
thanks
Did you ever figure that out. Becuase it sounds like it should be a triplet thing and some of the measures don't fit that.