All right.I am next to absolutely not sure where to post this so here we go.
I want to know the name of a keyboard effect.
I usually notice it in prog-power metal songs.When the player plays two notes consecutively,it sounds as if the first note"slides" up to the second (if higher in pitch) or "slides" down if lower.
Here is an example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68kRO4ql_LM
The intro to this song has this exact effect...For some reason I'm sure it's a Lead sound but still it has this distinctive effect!
I think it's called "glide". It generally is only used with a mono-voiced synth.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.