Hi, I've got a Boss BR900CD, and I record straight into that with a Shure SM57, amp is a DSL401 and the guitar is an Edwards Les Paul with Seymour Duncans. But recording straight into this thing doesn't really give that great a tone, I need something that I can EQ stuff one, and put filters on etc. Are there any good programmes I can record onto that are cheap or free?
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Reaper is an unlimited free trail for ever basically. $60 dollars if you want to be kind and giving them about half the pay they deserve (as long as you make less than $25,000 USD profit on your music a year).

Really Reaper (although I don't use it) is worth everyone one of those $60 dollars, but like I said it has an unlimited trial one with full features.
Quote by FireHawk
Reaper is an unlimited free trail for ever basically. $60 dollars if you want to be kind and giving them about half the pay they deserve (as long as you make less than $25,000 USD profit on your music a year).

Really Reaper (although I don't use it) is worth everyone one of those $60 dollars, but like I said it has an unlimited trial one with full features.

Good shout. Try it, by all means take advantage of their honesty policy if you don't use it much or are just learning, and then buy it if you ever get into it properly!

There's also Ardour and LMMS, which are both completely free but not as slick and polished as Reaper.