Page 1 of 3
I know I do. Does it ever bother anyone else to hear the "older generation" complain about their lives? I work for a call center for one the major U.S cellular providers, and all day, everyday, I get calls from people who are well off enough to buy iPhones & pay monthly bills for service from the MOST EXPENSIVE provider in the U.S.. Many of these people complain about how bad the economy is, how they've either lost their job, or taken a pay cut, or whatever sacrifices they've had to make, but they make their complaints in such a rude & selfish way that it really pisses me off. These people don't realize that while they're sitting there crying about this great life they have lived for the last 2, 3, 4 decades, they're sobbing to someone who will most likely never get to have a life as epic as the one they lived. The life where they had a nice home, maybe even 2 or 3 of 'em. A few cars to choose from. Sports events & rock concerts attended, theme parks visited, bars they've closed down, friends & spouses they had, and on & on.

It has caused me to have a big resentment for older people, especially those 40+ years in America. It makes me think "You're complaining about the life you have after living in the most advanced nation on the planet, during it's Golden Years where jobs were a dime a dozen & money was essentially free? In a time when a man could become a millionaire by gluing some googly eyes onto a rock & selling them!

Obviously, I'm not on the streets. I'm in my house on the internet, which I have the luxury of affording, so I know my place... many people are in a lot worse of a place than I am, so don't see this as me just complaining about my own situation. I'm just saying I get bothered by people who've led great lives complain about the way things are now. On the other hand, we, the younger generation (anyone under 30) all get to look forward to such awesome world events like,

Radiation Poisoning
Food Shortage
Joblessness
Nuclear threat,
and last, but certainly not least,
the Apocalypse

It was always some old fart that told me to appreciate the things I have, there are starving kids in Africa, etc but it feels like the table has really turned & I should be the one telling them to appreciate what they have... and maybe I should thank them for the world they've left us. Fine job you guys did, right?

What's even worse, is that the previous generation didn't even do a good job raising their kids, so it's sure to get worse. Watch almost any reality or talk show, and observe the kids. Majority of them are uber-brats who cry & scream @ the top of their lungs & treat people, especially the parents, like shit. Most kids can hardly read or write w/ a halfway decent command of language & grammar. Not saying I'm perfect, but I've seen some pretty atrocious spelling from kids.

To use myself as an example, I was able to read books upside down when I was in the 2nd grade, and I just went to public school. Nothin' fancy. My girlfirends ex husband has custody of her kids (god knows how?) and her oldest is 7 or 8 years old. Last Xmas he was at our house playing Zelda Twilight Princess, and he could barely read the words in the dialogue box at the beginning of the game. If he was my kid, he wouldn't be able to play games that he can't read the story to.

Back in the 80's & 90's when all the parental groups tried to ban violence in TV, music & games most people thought those groups were just uptight mother's with nothing better to do. I'm only 26 so I wasn't around for that, but in retrospect, seems they might've been somewhat correct. Maybe not with everything, but just maybe the over -saturation of retarded crap has had a really negative impact on our culture. I've said lots... any thoughts you care to add?
You know what I hate more than old people whining?

People from my generation whining.

They put up with the good and the bad for 50-80 years. They've earned the right to be bitchy. We have the best technology of any generation yet, and we use it to moan and complain.

Shut the hell up and do something if it bugs you so much.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
whoaniggadoyoureallyexpectmetoreadallthatshitbyyou.jpg
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by ErikLensherr
whoaniggadoyoureallyexpectmetoreadallthatshitbyyou.jpg

this
Quote by necrosis1193

They put up with the good and the bad for 50-80 years. They've earned the right to be bitchy. We have the best technology of any generation yet, and we use it to moan and complain.

and this.

stop trolling for unicorns(STFU) ts. I resent you for whining like a bitch
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by necrosis1193

Does having the best technology really equate to a better quality of life? I think not. If I could wipe the world of the internet, I gladly would.

Besides, how the hell am I supposed to do something about anything if I take your advice and shut the hell up? Saying nothing will get me less places than just doing nothing, for silence is acceptance.

EDIT: Wait, i just realized I was in the UG Pit. Basically, you are the retarded offspring of the people that i resent, so i guess I just wasted my time here. I'll be on my way.
Last edited by guitgrinder at Oct 16, 2011,
People growing up during the 70s and 80s certainly had better music than those growing up in the 90s and 00s. Fingers crossed for the 10s
Quote by guitgrinder
Does having the best technology really equate to a better quality of life? I think not. If I could wipe the world of the internet, I gladly would.

It definitely gives you more tools.

Besides, how the hell am I supposed to do something about anything if I take your advice and shut the hell up? Saying nothing will get me less places than just doing nothing, for silence is acceptance.

Actions speak louder than words.

How about you go and get something done about what you don't like, instead of whining about middle-aged people who think they have more life experience than a 29-year old for some reason on a guitar forum's off-topic section? Because bitching to The Pit is hardly a productive use of time. Hell, only reason I'm doing it is because I have time to kill, and I'm fairly happy with my life right now. You don't seem like you're the same.

Quote by guitgrinder
EDIT: Wait, i just realized I was in the UG Pit. Basically, you are the retarded offspring of the people that i resent, so i guess I just wasted my time here. I'll be on my way.

Keeping it classy.

I could be blowing stuff up with a rocket launcher in TF2 right now, I have better ways to kill time than this...

Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 16, 2011,

Just in case you didn't get the message
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by necrosis1193

Necrosis just shut your thread down with one insanely accurate comment. Close it to avoid further embarrassment.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I don't know what you mean by whether or not i've "resent an entire generation", but sometimes I have to resend texts on this phone, I get awful service where I live...
Quote by Zoot Allures
I resent the previous generation. The people born in basically 87 - 94 are the only good ones left

Me then. Awesome.

What I don't understand is why you say that people are calling the service provider you work for in order to seek psychiatric help
Last edited by metaldud536 at Oct 16, 2011,
Quote by Zoot Allures
I resent the previous generation. The people born in basically 87 - 94 are the only good ones left

Damn..born one year late.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by metaldud536
Me then. Awesome.

Me too.

OT: Yeah, they fucked the world and now get to die and not deal with the consequences. Tell me something that hasn't been happening for the entire duration of human history.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Zoot Allures
Can't have it all man

I should make a thread about how I hate anyone born between '87-'94 now...

Quote by due 07

I make music sometimes.
People born in 1990 are good people. I distrust anyone born before then and look down with condescension and disdain upon anyone born after.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Zoot Allures

shit im born in 95
Quote by guitgrinder
Great Wall of Text

I've never really thought about it like that before, but actually yeah you do have a valid point.
They do have to deal with a lot of the same shit as us now, minus the unemployment, so it's kind of a big shock for them after living quite a cushy life until recently.
Quote by captainsnazz
I've never really thought about it like that before, but actually yeah you do have a valid point.
They do have to deal with a lot of the same shit as us now, minus the unemployment, so it's kind of a big shock for them after living quite a cushy life until recently.

I hope that's a joke.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Edit: ^ It works so well.

Quote by captainsnazz

Constant threat of nuclear armageddon when either America or the Soviet Union's arm got tired and they decided to just shrug and shoot each other, Nazi Germany and WWII, 80's market crash, state of near civil war that came form the civil rights movement if they're American, politics so messed up they made punk happen?

Yup, that's a nice, pleasant, comfy life.

There's problems in every generation. Theirs included. Stop thinking you're some sort of blighted victim of the times or something.

Yes, I do think that the television was the greatest invention of all time too.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by necrosis1193
Edit: ^ It works so well.

Constant threat of nuclear armageddon when either America or the Soviet Union's arm got tired and they decided to just shrug and shoot each other, Nazi Germany and WWII, 80's market crash, state of near civil war that came form the civil rights movement if they're American, politics so messed up they made punk happen?

Yup, that's a nice, pleasant, comfy life.

There's problems in every generation. Theirs included. Stop thinking you're some sort of blighted victim of the times or something.

If you cannot see that the last few decades have been a lot more comfortable that what is predicted for the next few decades, then you are blinder than a bat.

You obviously have difficulty comprehending words as well, because in my OP I very clearly stated that I was not complaining about my own situation. Quite the opposite, I'm reasonably happy with my own life. As with anyone's, improvements can be made. I simply stated I was bothered by old people that complain about their lives when they are well off enough to afford high end commodities, like iPhones. To break it down to ridiculous, it's like someone complaining about their burger w/ onions when they asked for no onions... but the person they're complaining to hasn't eaten in the last 48 hours.

The knee jerk reactions that most everyone posted & the admittance's of "didn't read" only further proves one of my original points in that most kids these days, are flat out ****ing retarded.
Quote by guitgrinder
I know I do. Does it ever

It has caused me to

On the other hand, we, the younger generation (anyone under 30) all get to look forward to such awesome world events like,

Radiation Poisoning
Food Shortage
Joblessness
Nuclear threat,
and last, but certainly not least,
the Apocalypse

Just like their generation feared, for themselves.

It was always some old fart that told me to appreciate the things I have

What's even worse,

To use myself as an example, .

I've cried lots... any thoughts you care to add?

Yeah, STFU, crybaby.

EDIT: Oh, and you're welcome for condensing your OP into something a little more manageable. Just one more thing that somebody over the age of 30 has done for your ass.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Last edited by Jazz Funeral at Oct 16, 2011,
Quote by guitgrinder

Yet here you are, using this resource to complain about it. I don't like mushrooms, so I don't eat them. If you don't like the internet, what are you doing on it?

Quote by guitgrinder

What a load of shyte. Silence is not acceptance at all. And saying nothing will get you far further than shouting about how you don't like technology. No-one is going to want to employ you if you can't be arsed with the techology that is commonly used in almost every place of work now.

Quote by guitgrinder

As are you, arsehat. And goodbye, please don't burden us with your presence again.

I honestly don't know how you can sit and say that your job is worse than the kinds of jobs people used to HAVE to do generations ago. Do you have an education? Yes. Not everyone used to be able to. Did you have to start work at 14 years old because your Fathers money wasn't quite enough to feed your whole family? No. You continued with your education so you could get a career later in life, whether you choose to or not is up to you.

When you're at work now, do you get a break from time to time? Or a full lunch break half way through the day? People many years ago didn't always. If someone phones you up with a query, do you have access to the internet and computers to help you find the answer? Yes, years ago you wouldn't. You'd have to know it, or flick though copious books to find the answer. Are you able to get a nice warm bus/taxi/car/train to work on the winter mornings when it's below freezing? Instead of walking for half an hour making yourself ill with the freezing temperatures.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by guitgrinder
If you cannot see that the last few decades have been a lot more comfortable that what is predicted for the next few decades, then you are blinder than a bat.

You obviously have difficulty comprehending words as well, because in my OP I very clearly stated that I was not complaining about my own situation. Quite the opposite, I'm reasonably happy with my own life. As with anyone's, improvements can be made. I simply stated I was bothered by old people that complain about their lives when they are well off enough to afford high end commodities, like iPhones. To break it down to ridiculous, it's like someone complaining about their burger w/ onions when they asked for no onions... but the person they're complaining to hasn't eaten in the last 48 hours.

The knee jerk reactions that most everyone posted & the admittance's of "didn't read" only further proves one of my original points in that most kids these days, are flat out ****ing retarded.

I don't remember any part of your OP referring to financial standing

And because someone is able to afford themselves trivial comforts now doesn't mean that they were always able to; did it never occur to you that they may have worked their asses off for those stupid things you're blasting right now?

You're coming off as ridiculously arrogant, ungrateful, and entirely too ignorant to accurately comment on any aspect of life in the last fifty years or so, because frankly, you're so far out of touch with even the current times that your transparent grasp of what came before you is so tragically skewed, it's almost like you're trolling.

I would love to see you go through a life filled with what the people who made your life so easy did, because in the end, the only reason we have these advances which you're so blindly using as ammunition, is because those last few generations sacrificed to make them. And don't give me that naive 'well off enough to have' bull either, because if you really believe the wealthy are the ones who do the work to make and manufacture those wonderful things, you're out of your thin mind.

And those 'knee jerk' reactions of making fun of your asinine statement? They're not proof that 'kids' are retarded; they're proof of the asininity of your entire pseudo-diatribe, which suggesting something noble at the end with that 'wasn't able to eat for 48 hours' bit only cheapens. Don't try to mask your bitching about old people with some ill attempted guise at playing sympathy for people less fortunate, when most of the people you're bitching about were less fortunate than you for most of their lives, and likely didn't start out as what you're painting them as.

As far as the next few decades, the depression and dust bowl were pretty demoralizing. The only difference now is that instead of hustling to get out, assholes like you whine about how everyone had it easier than they did.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Oct 16, 2011,
-complains about old people complaining
-continues to complain about future generations
-continues to complain about shit idgaf about

nice

i resent every generation
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
can i use your wall of text to protect my southron kingdoms against attacks from the others?
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
The only person I resent from previous generations is YO MAMA!!!

I have nothing to contribute
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Page 1 of 3