Hey guys! It's Twist of Fate and those of you who've kept up with my music career will know that I am no longer affiliated with Rebecca Black. Anywhooo, my first album is set for release on 11/11/11 and I just finished recording it this past week. NOW, it's good for a demo but it's not professional. It's being sent to the record labels as soon as it can be....well...made sound better I guess.

So, I have five tracks on my EP that need editing. If a track needs re-recording, tell me now please. I have Reaper but I don't know how to use it professionally. I just know how to do basic stuff like how I'd do on Audacity.

Thanks thanks thanks so much to whoever thinks they'd like to help me with this!
Sorry, dont have time but I love your song titles! "Walls confused for clouds in heaven", "make music, not deadlines"
I could help, let me listen to the tracks later and I'll get back to you.
Okay, I like your voice and your ideas. A lot, I see lots of potential. There is a lot of timing issues unfortunately, the tempo fluctuates a little too much, what would you say to recording a backing track first and then recording vocals? I have a lot of experience with that, see here for example, you have a better voice than me though. I could help and do whatever instruments and arranging you need I need practice in production anyway and in a rough patch for songwriting:p
That actually sounds like a fantastic idea. My friend suggested that I record over drums which would help me keep a tempo, and also add a bass to get a more soulful feeling. Can you make one with drums and bass in it? And if so, do you need a new recording for each?
I'd be happy to do as many as you want You'd have to let me know the chords if you want bass, and you would have to rerecord it so it'll have a constant and clear tempo. Just tell me which songs you want me to make a rhythm track for
Okay I was trying to reply and I accidently hit delete So if you could send them again that'd be great Also, I'll need the tempo for the metronome, please refrain from decimals, whole numbers are easier to narrow down, if you can imagine
PM'd ya

Quote by rockfan7
Okay, I like your voice and your ideas. A lot, I see lots of potential. There is a lot of timing issues unfortunately, the tempo fluctuates a little too much, what would you say to recording a backing track first and then recording vocals? I have a lot of experience with that, see here for example, you have a better voice than me though. I could help and do whatever instruments and arranging you need I need practice in production anyway and in a rough patch for songwriting:p

You should really relisten to this. Your master track is clipping all over the place
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 17, 2011,
Recording quality like that is never going to sound, 'professional', I'm afraid.

What did you use to record the vocals, a Rock Band mic or something? You need a condenser desperately!

Send us the multitracks for one of those tunes and I'll try and put together a little mix for you, see what I can do. Shouldn't take long, since there's only a few things going on.
I'll try and mask the low quality of the recording by giving it a slightly dirty 'vintage' vibe with plenty of reverb. However, you need to get yourself a real mic ASAP!
Quote by MatrixClaw
PM'd ya

You should really relisten to this. Your master track is clipping all over the place

Oh sorry it's not perfect man I forgot I wasn't the god of recording It's quite an old song, I've been working on mixing it, notice how it says TEST by it's name. I just thought it was the best example to show him because he plays acoustic music and everything else I have on the page is experimental stuff. M'kay?
Quote by rockfan7
Oh sorry it's not perfect man I forgot I wasn't the god of recording It's quite an old song, I've been working on mixing it, notice how it says TEST by it's name. I just thought it was the best example to show him because he plays acoustic music and everything else I have on the page is experimental stuff. M'kay?

No need to get pissy. I was just pointing out that there was clipping on it, just in case you hadn't noticed
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
I have, it's an old track that I'm reworking. That was just a test bounce for the stereo spread and levels in general.
Quote by rockfan7

You're 17, you don't have a lot of experience in anything!
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
You're 17, you don't have a lot of experience in anything!

With all due respect, shut the **** up. I get good results and I have a good ear. Plus you're only 19 so I don't really what you're trying to say, I'm offering to write drum and bass parts to put under is songs. I don't get why you guys think it's a bad thing or are under the impression it has to be perfect
Last edited by rockfan7 at Oct 17, 2011,
Quote by kyle62
Recording quality like that is never going to sound, 'professional', I'm afraid.

What did you use to record the vocals, a Rock Band mic or something? You need a condenser desperately!

Send us the multitracks for one of those tunes and I'll try and put together a little mix for you, see what I can do. Shouldn't take long, since there's only a few things going on.
I'll try and mask the low quality of the recording by giving it a slightly dirty 'vintage' vibe with plenty of reverb. However, you need to get yourself a real mic ASAP!

I made a thread asking if I should get an AT2020 and it had positive feedback
once you have it edited and comped I'll gladly mix it for you. I use reaper as well. cheers!
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I don't like the echo on the vocals in the first track, IMO it's obnoxious. Think about some other options there perhaps...

Cool stuff though keep it up.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by Twist of fate
I made a thread asking if I should get an AT2020 and it had positive feedback

The AT2020 is a good mic, I don't know why you've got such a thin and lifeless sound. As I said, if you want to zip up the files for one sonng and upload it I'd be happy to try and mix it out!
Hey guys, I already have someone editing it, but thank you all! However I still do need help. For example:

Quote by kyle62
The AT2020 is a good mic, I don't know why you've got such a thin and lifeless sound. As I said, if you want to zip up the files for one sonng and upload it I'd be happy to try and mix it out!

Anything I can do to solve that? And yes it is a good mic and the vocals are clear and I agree that the sound is a bit lifeless, which surprises me.
Quote by Twist of fate
Anything I can do to solve that? And yes it is a good mic and the vocals are clear and I agree that the sound is a bit lifeless, which surprises me.

TBH, that is what I've always heard come out of an AT2020. I don't understand why so many people around here love that mic so much
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by francesco18
Do you have some better options in that price range ?

Not at the exact price of a AT2020, but for a bit more, you could get a used mic that puts the 2020 to shame:

AT4040 = ~$150
AKG Perception 420 = ~$120
Rode NT2-A = ~$160
Blue Bluebird = ~$150
etc.

You have to keep in mind, the AT2020 is NOT a large diaphragm condenser mic. It is somewhere in between an SDC and an LDC - a medium diaphragm. Doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing, there's plenty of great sounding MDCs (Shure KSM32 is an awesome one), but not really at that price range. Though, I hear decent things about the AKG C2000B, and you can pick those things up for dirt cheap used.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by rockfan7

With all due respect, shut the **** up. I get good results and I have a good ear. Plus you're only 19 so I don't really what you're trying to say, I'm offering to write drum and bass parts to put under is songs. I don't get why you guys think it's a bad thing or are under the impression it has to be perfect

It would be easier to take you seriously if you hadn't been 2 years out on my age.

Also, sure, I'm not exactly a sage, but I don't go around forums claiming to have "a lot of experience" of recording, because I realise that "a lot" is an indefinite term.

You may have a lot of experience compared with someone who has none, but if you are 17, I'd take an educated guess that you haven't been recording properly for any longer than 2 years, tops, which isn't anywhere near long enough to have built up enough experience in recording to be classed as 'a lot'.

Eddie Kramer has a lot of experience, Mutt Lange has a lot of experience, you have nothing.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Oct 23, 2011,