I've been looking at the Epiphone Les Paul PRO/FX for a really long time now. I like it because it has a trem, coilsplitting, and a flame top, and is relatively inexpensive. However, I have fallen in love with the sound of PRS guitars as well. I've been looking around, and I haven't seen many PRS guitars with the features I like, primarily coilsplitting, trem, and a price under $1000. Do you guys know of any PRS models that have these characteristics? Or do you think the PRO/FX is a better choice for under 1000?
If thats what you want go for it, its great for the price, we have one where I work, its a great, versatile guitar! I cant think of a PRS with those features at that price
Quote by MrCloudshoe
If you want to get a prs you could get this and then take it to your local guitar shop and have them coil split the pickups. It wouldn't cost all that much to have them do that and the guitar is a really great price too.

http://www.music123.com/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Solid-Body-Electric-Guitars/SE-Custom-24-Electric-Guitar.site7prodH70029.product

Yeah, I was gonna look into that. How much does it usually range in cost to get it splitted?

edit: Never mind, found this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110522095854AAT9qr8

I think I like the PRS better, even though the les paul is freakin sexy. Thanks guys.
Last edited by Apples on Cacti at Oct 16, 2011,
Quote by Wisthekiller
I think GC does it for 50 (for two humbuckers).

That's a ripoff, it can be done for the cost of a couple pushpull pots, a soldering iron, and some solder. About $20, and it's REALLY not hard.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
That's a ripoff, it can be done for the cost of a couple pushpull pots, a soldering iron, and some solder. About $20, and it's REALLY not hard.

They charge $12 for each pot, then $12 each for installation. And it is kinda difficult to do if you suck with wiring (such as someone like myself). I would never get it done by them, but it's a viable option for some people.
Quote by Wisthekiller
They charge $12 for each pot, then $12 each for installation. And it is kinda difficult to do if you suck with wiring (such as someone like myself). I would never get it done by them, but it's a viable option for some people.

Okay, I can deal with prices like that. But yeah, I don't think GC would do such a great job. Last time I was there getting a new guitar, someone using a freakin electronic tuner didn't even tune it correctly.
Dude, it's really easy to split the coils. Get a push-pull pot and then wire it up with the coils separate and there ya go. It's alot simpler than it sounds
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Um... Is this one of your sarcastic posts?

Actually no. It's a pretty simple task, lol.
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
If thats what you want go for it, its great for the price, we have one where I work, its a great, versatile guitar! I cant think of a PRS with those features at that price

I can.

2nd hand PRS CE.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Wisthekiller
It is, but you don't . That's not how it's done...

dude, I dont know how to explain it, lol. I did it to my wilshire and it turned out fine
WARNING:
Quote by shavorules42
Quote by WCPhils
Quote by Joshua Garcia