hi guys

this is my first thread here and i have a question...im thinking of buying a disortion pedal, so could you recommend me some good disortion pedals?(ive been playing guitar 10 months i think so i dont know much about that shit) im thinking about boss ds-2, MI audio crunch box or something like that. oh yeah and i play mostly punk rock and bit of nu metal or funk
What amp do you have?

And welcome to ug.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
try a hardwire distortion, or (I've never tried one) one of those pod hd things that line 6 has, they sound pretty good on recordings, and they come with more than one effect.
Either one of the Hardwire distortions or a Rat. The Rat will probably be best for you as it's so damn flexible.
Jackson, Ibanez, Lag
Carvin, Marshall
Ibanez, Boss, Korg
uhh **** my ass those line 6 pod shits are expensive and didnt get so good reviews here

haha but thanks dudes
Quote by icanhasgodmode
I really like my SansAmp Classic (the original, not the reissue one)

This. Most distortion pedals only sound good pushing a tube amp, but the Sansamp should work well with your Cube.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
dr scientist the elements
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
The most natural distortion I've ever heard is SolidGoldFx's SuperDrive. It sounds like an extension of your amp, literally. It's like it's a built in?modified distortion/drive. If you like the sound of your amp, this is the way to go. If you're looking for a completely different sound, then get a fuzz or something else.
I swear by the tone I get with my EHX Micro Metal Muff - it goes from light dirt to absurd distortion, but has great clarity and tone, responds fairly well to touch when at low distortion levels. Brilliant stuff, I'd reccommend it highly. Dunno what they sell for, I got mine in a raffle right when they went onsale 5 or so years ago.
try the mxr fullbore metal. i tried it out today and am gonna pick it up this weekend. also +1 on the metal muff(in whatever size) i've heard good things about them to. i'm surprised no one asked...what style of music? what are you looking to get out of it?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Quote by godisasniper
I swear by the tone I get with my EHX Micro Metal Muff - it goes from light dirt to absurd distortion, but has great clarity and tone, responds fairly well to touch when at low distortion levels. Brilliant stuff, I'd reccommend it highly. Dunno what they sell for, I got mine in a raffle right when they went onsale 5 or so years ago.

+1 to this. Good little pedal that won't break the bank.