I finally just got my Gibson Les Paul Faded Studio And io REALLY want to keep the best care of it but am uncertain on what i should and should not do. Should i keep it in its case or stand? How often should i clean the fretboard and clean the body? Any other things i should be doing?
Case or Stand: Depends on the situation. If there are kids or dogs in your household (or anything that would potentially knock it over), a Case is best. Stands are more convinient, obviously, and are just fine for safety as long as there is no one to mess it up

On LP's, well any rosewood fretboard for that matter, I just clean the fretboard with a dry cloth. Some people use Lemon Oil Cleaner (not actual lemon oil, just a cleaner) but I feel there is no reason for it and have heard claims that it can have bad effects long term on the fretboard... Just wipe it down during string changes.

Invest in some good guitar polish, I use Dunlop Formula 65. Gibson also makes good polish, but is really overpriced.
Agreed^ + I was just wondering what the Les paul studio faded is like cos i was thinking of getting one?
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
I keep my Les Paul in it's case so the headstock doesn't get broken and to avoid people messing with it.

Just give it a good rub with a fairly dry cloth to clean off any marks, occasionally polish it (I do it when changing strings cus it's easier to clean)

To be honestas long as you respect it and treat it well it should be fine.

Make sure whatever stand+strap you are using are nitro friendly, you don't want any bad marks, I've seen some white LPCs with horrible nitro stains because of careless idiots.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Quote by MrWilson6
Agreed^ + I was just wondering what the Les paul studio faded is like cos i was thinking of getting one?

Its GREAT and im loving it so far! Would highly recommend one. I love the look and feel of it and i was honestly surprised on how versatile it was. I play mainly Alt. Rock, Punk, hardcore and metal and it can do everything great. Wouldnt recommend it for really heavy stuff though. itll get the job done but theres definetley better options. And thanks for the replies! So ill just wash the fret board every string change and clean the body every coulpe weeks. Thanks Again!!!
Quote by digman50
I keep my Les Paul in it's case so the headstock doesn't get broken and to avoid people messing with it.

Just give it a good rub with a fairly dry cloth to clean off any marks, occasionally polish it (I do it when changing strings cus it's easier to clean)

To be honestas long as you respect it and treat it well it should be fine.

Make sure whatever stand+strap you are using are nitro friendly, you don't want any bad marks, I've seen some white LPCs with horrible nitro stains because of careless idiots.

How would i find out if my stand is nitro friendly?
Quote by FairyBoy423
How would i find out if my stand is nitro friendly?

It would have said on any packaging when you bought it, it's best to assume it's not and put some kind of cloth/sheet over any places where the stand would touch the guitar, it's not worth the risk imo unless you know.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'