Hey guys, this is probably a pretty dumb question, but i've never actually purchased any guitars from guitar center. Anyways, is the guitar on display the one you buy, or do you tell an employee which one you want so they can get one from the back of the store? I just wanted to clear this up so i wouldnt look like a dumbass and bring a "display only" guitar up to the counter haha XD
Thanks in advance.
At least in the ones I have been in, there is display guitars.
I can try out all of them if I like, but the music center order the guitar I want if I am sure to buy it (unless they have it on stock already).
I have rented a display guitar a few days ago because they were fixing my guitar, so I'm not really 100% sure.
Well if its a generic guitar like a standard Gibson SG, then ask for a new one... but as every guitar can be a bit different (acoustics more) there would be no problems if you wanted to buy the one on display, then just ask to do so.
One Small Step For Mankind, One Giant Leap For The Cheese Industry
Well whenever i go to a guitar store i just ask a member of staff if i can try a certain one, try it out then when they come back to ya let em know if you want it or not, i've always had the one that was on display but im not sure about guitar center
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Why would you try one, find you like it.....then ask them to bring you a different guitar from the storeroom????

thats just madness...no two guitars ever play the same, even identical models
My friend bought a guitar from GC a few years ago. It a couple weeks for the guitar to ship, but they let him borrow the floor model until it arrived. I'm not sure if this is a common thing for them to do.
K guys, thanks for the responses i saw this really nice Ibanez RG5EX1 that i was interested in but was just worried about a couple of things (it didnt have a tremolo arm in it for one thing ) so i didnt know if they had more of them boxed up in the back.
Normally the arms are stashed away, as stated, to reduce loss. I bought my RG5 from GC and they lost the arm. Took 3 weeks for the replacement. No biggie. As for display or from storeroom, it's up to you if they have both. My RG5 came from display, my 1570 was used, and my 4570 was NIB straight from their warehouse in Kansas City.
zZounds and Musician's Friend will generally ship a guitar on the day you call. In the case of zZounds, they guarantee it, up to about 2:00 PM ET. Both offer free UPS ground shipping. UPS guarantees this 3 business days anywhere in the continental US. The stuff is NIB, unless otherwise stated.

Without opening up an ethical can of worms, let's just say I'd rather buy online. In most cases there is no sales tax.

And now, the ethical can of worms. I suppose you can try out an instrument before you buy it, anywhere your conscience allows.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 16, 2011,
Quote by gibson gangster
K guys, thanks for the responses i saw this really nice Ibanez RG5EX1 that i was interested in but was just worried about a couple of things (it didnt have a tremolo arm in it for one thing ) so i didnt know if they had more of them boxed up in the back.

listen, i dont care if you take one off the wall or from the back.

no matter what,
PLAY THE GUITAR YOU ARE PLANNING ON BUYING.

like said, every guitar is a little different.
you dont want to find out when you get home that
the shiny new guitar from the back,
has fret buzz or is buzzing like a can of bees.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Depends on their backstock... if they have another one then ask em to get it if they don't well rock that floor model
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112