I have £300 and i am willing to spend up to thaton an amp, i play stuff like led zeppeling, black sabbath and (attempt) to play bluesy rock kind of songs.

my old amp is like a 15 watt no name beginner amp

thanks for any help given

this is for home use really
Last edited by jonasbana at Oct 16, 2011,
is the budget flexible?

EDIT: home use or gigs or both?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
depends how flexible really i guess i could save up if a more expensive amp would be much better
ok

the valvepower 18 watt clone does led zep and blues rock really well- it's £350, but you also need a cab (but even something like the £100 epi valve junior cab sounds pretty good... or thomann does that traynor one with the greenback for £160). Occasionally they do a combo version, which might be worth keeping an eye out for (on their ebay store, i think).

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

If you need a bit more versatility, and sometimes play heavier stuff, the traynor ycv50b on thomann would be worth a look, it's normally around the £400 mark, depending on the exchange rate.

If you really can't stretch...

are you gigging, by the way? Those two i listed will work for either gigs or home use, but if you're not gigging you could probably get something under budget pretty easily.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nah i'm not gigging i don't look to either it's more just for home use, thanks for the recommendations by the way
no problem

regarding your home situation, how much can you turn up?

off the top of my head, though, the vht special 6 ultra would probably work- i've only tried the bog standard special 6, but the ultra has a bunch more features and an attenuator which would probably be useful for home use.

I haven't tried them, but the vox ac4 and (new version with the attenuator) of the marshall class 5 might be worth a look, too. EDIT: oh and the laney cub.

they would be (apart from the marshall, i forget exactly how much it is but it's around £300 or so) well under budget. The dearer ones I mentioned first are better, but if you can't stretch and you don't gig those other ones would probably do the job, kind of thing.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not sure extacly how much its in $, but you could get some used Peavey Bandit in that price I guess...

clean channel (modern./vintage)
lead channel - (vintage,modern,something)
nice reverb, presence, footswitch

ITs 75 Watt with output for speaker 100W. Good for metal , really nice vintage for blues also. Really all-oriented amp. You can even gig with it abit, really loud shit!!.Look up some utube videos. There were some guys with sick blues tone.

editL: there is also a cool option to change power usage of amp from 0 to 100%, so at lowest vol. setting it could be as quiet as 15 W oine !!! ( I own one and play at home sometimes ;P, but when there is a need to punch my neighbout abit... I dont hesitate )

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_amplifiers/peavey/transtube_bandit_112/index.html

check this. there is also new version. Both are fine (as I heard about new)

Just try avoiding the ''\blue\" one. Its the oldest version
Last edited by kocz at Oct 16, 2011,
the vox amp looks really good but i've only been able to find it in like a small model?
I have the 1 by 10 Vox and they do come in a head with a matching 1 by 12 cab.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by jonasbana
the vox amp looks really good but i've only been able to find it in like a small model?

ah yeah i was recommending smaller models because you were playing at home, because they were well under budget, and because they'd do the tones you want.

if you can crank them, though, then you can get any wattage you want. Just make sure you don't buy something that doesn't do the tones you want, though.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
VHT special 6 ultra is nice.

Also look into the Marshall class 5 you'll need a pedal to get Sabbath tones, but it nails blues and Zepplin.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate