Been awhile since I've posted on here, glad to get back into things. Just finished a couple new songs over the past couple of days here, and I'd love to get some feedback on them.

http://soundcloud.com/terethien/01-as-the-earth-shatters

It's progressive-ish, mostly post-rock. Let me know what you think!

C4C as per usual
Nice track! I feel like at times the drums are a bit too busy, but I love the bit just after the 3 minute mark where they sit back just a bit and there's that quiet (acoustic) bit and the really nice bass. Is that upright or something?
Quote by godisasniper
Nice track! I feel like at times the drums are a bit too busy, but I love the bit just after the 3 minute mark where they sit back just a bit and there's that quiet (acoustic) bit and the really nice bass. Is that upright or something?

Actually it's a bass simulator patch on my effects pedal, it's just me and my geetar. Amazing what a little mixing can do

And this was the first full song I had done in a year, and I was a bit out of touch with the drums. I think by bringing the snare forward in the drum program and then remixing the drums with the song so they're a bit further back in the final mix should make them a little less 'distracting'. But thanks for the crit on this song, glad someone finally had something to say about it haha
Nice stuff Metorical. I added a follow to your Soundcloud account. Reminds me of a guy named Bassic that used to post songs on mp3.com years ago. I really like chill instrumental stuff. So I'll be listening to the whole Reflections set.
Listening to it as I write this, it sounds good. I really like the guitar tone. At around the 1:11 mark, the drums become quieter than before, I don't know if this was intentional or not. I think that's kinda cool what you did with the bass, or well your guitar haha. Can I ask what you used? Anyways great work man.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491631
Quote by Nitzors
Listening to it as I write this, it sounds good. I really like the guitar tone. At around the 1:11 mark, the drums become quieter than before, I don't know if this was intentional or not. I think that's kinda cool what you did with the bass, or well your guitar haha. Can I ask what you used? Anyways great work man.

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1491631

The drums unintentionally got quieter when I switched from regular snare to soft snare in my drum program for the main parts of the song. The sound difference wasn't drastic until I transferred it into my BR-1180 to record the rest. I'm hoping to remix all of this at some point so it's not noticeable!

The effects pedal is an RP-250, and I just run my guitar into this and then into the old BR-1180 digital recording studio. I did a bunch of mixing with the low end of the bass track to get it sounding even more bass-like. Not a bad result, eh?
Wow, that's actually just guitar? It kinda sounds like a fretless bass at times, really cool sound. And IMHO the quieter sound for the snare is better, though I have strange tastes when it comes to drum noises, as I think you pointed out on my song lmao.
thanks for the crit on my song!

i loved this recording, definitely right up my alley with the prog and experimental stuff. i loved the ambience and synths throughout, especially the wind-synth thing you have going on around 4:30. the composition was awesome throughout, but i'd love to hear some more guitar and some more realistic drum sounds. i mean, the electronic style drums were alright in certain parts, as they gave the song that laidback, computerised kind of feel, but they didnt fit in with all of the parts. e.g around 4:20, if you used a realistic drum setting, it would definitely sound better, and give it a jazzy vibe.

overall, nice work!
I really enjoyed this. Playing post-rock myself, i definitely enjoy listening to it, and yours fit what i like to hear. I didnt mind the drums myself, I liked the effect they added. Overall I really enjoyed listening. Time well spent.

(I listened to it while doing so homework; listening to it cut down my production cause i was too into listening to every nock and cranny.)

Keep going!
Pretty cool man! Reminds me a bit of a band called Hypomanie not sure if you've heard of em. The only criticism I could make is to your drums. What they are actually playing is great, the sound is a little out in the blue if you know what i mean. The kick is very clicky and is something you'd hear in metal. I think a rounder sound would fit much better in your sound. Other than that sounds good man keep it up!